Guitar Hero: Omega Particle Edition

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Guitar Hero: Omega Particle Edition

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    TBjarnason
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019

So, I’ve been playing this STO Guitar Hero game for the last couple days now, collecting Omega traces, shards, fragments, pieces, splinters, slivers, shavings, spikes, chips – you name it, I’m collecting them all! I’ve come to the conclusion that these little particles should be collected during this anniversary event, as it doesn’t appear that they are available to collect any other way, other than the exchange. However, I have a couple questions on what exactly would be the best thing to do with them.

I see that individually, they are worth quite a bit  on the exchange; with the shards and fragments being worth a serious pretty penny. And considering the exchange is probably being flooded with Omega traces right now, I will assume the price will only go up on everything after the event is over and they year progresses (supply and demand)?

And then there is the R&D Special Project for the ultimate Omega Tech Upgrade. These in themselves seem pretty awesome; usable on any item, twice the tech points as a experimental superior upgrade, no dili cost. Only downside I see is that they are not available on the exchange, so no money there, just personal savings.

So, should I sell now? Sell later? Use them to build the Omega Tech Upgrade? A bit of both? Is the R&D Special Project for the Omega tech upgrade available all year? Basically, what’s the most lucrative tactic with these?

Thanks for your help!

-tbjarnason

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

The Omega Upgrades are indeed pretty awesome, but so is the ec you can make from selling the particles themselves. And yes, this event only plays once/twice a year, so the techs will skyrocket in price as time goes by.
    So really depends what you want. Me I sell them as there are other ways to upgrade (the keyring bundle upgrade etc) so there are alternatives, especially if your fav gear already is Epic.

Save and sell is what I do.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Buy low, sell high. A Ferengi can hear profit in the wind!

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

I’m going to upgrade my Spiral Wave beams to Epics if possible. EC is appealing but so is the dilithium I would have to spend when upgrading with regular upgrade tokens.

TBjarnason
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019

TBjarnason
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

hahaha awesome 😀

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.