Game peeves.

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Game peeves.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Inferno
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

So I take a few months off, no problem, thanks to shiny lifetime sub.

I come on and I’m soooo excited to see nothing new except the S8 rep that I probably won’t even bother with.

But the most annoying thing of all. I mean, seriously, it’s bothering me so much that I can’t see straight…(Seriously, I logged in for like 15 minutes and couldn’t take it anymore.)

‘Material Files Reloaded’

Then I read on the STO forums this has been there since early November. What? Cripes, Cryptic. Also, let me change my @name already.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

the Material Files Reloaded message will disappear in time. Small chunks will be loaded each time you start the game untill it’s complete – when that is so, is anybody’s guess :). It beats one giant download, I guess.

Had the same annoyance but I don’t notice it anymore and may have completed in my case.

On Season 8, “Dyson” can be fun actually. Fighting against Dinosaurs With Freakin’ Lasers On Their Heads is entertaining. It’s a real improvement over the current ground combat and a nice diversion from bashing Borg zombies.

I’ve completed the Dyson rep, and in hindsight, only the Gravimetric Photon Torp stands out as a usefull/practical “prize”; it’s fun to use in PVE. The overall Dyson Sphere space combat zone gets old rather fast unfortunately.
    I may buy a complete Voth ground armor set just for the look. But after completing “Dyson”, I haven’t been back, except for visiting our Spire base so I can drool over the Tac consoles…

You can change your @name, but it will involve some serious Customer service correspondence. I know one guy who had it changed successfully, but it did took a month or so, involving a direct call to Cryptic/PW (unfortunately he’s not playing anymore otherwise I would’ve redirected you).

STO will always have its little (and not so little) annoyances; the key is finding the balance where the game is still entertaining for you and the ever present -and ever persistent- bugs and gripes don’t ruin your MMO immersion.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

fatman592
    Fleet Member

I don’t even notice the “material files loading” thing anymore. It’s kind of like a bad smell, you get used to it eventually.

And I’d say that Dyson Rep is the best rep system introduced thus far, simply because of sponsorship tokens. All my alts quickly finished the three old reps and are quickly approaching tier 5 Dyson rep.

STO is and will be a never ending grind fest. Like Marcase said, it’s a balance between what’s entertaining and what’s not. I have logged in a lot less over the past couple weeks since I don’t have much to do in game and Skyrim has been ruling my life.

I’ve heard that season 9 may be all bug fixes but that may just be wishful thinking…

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

elvis441
    Fleet Member

The Dyson ground rifle works well against Borg.

Latinumbar
    Admiral (Retired)
    Team Player

From the Tribble patch notes:

“Material Files reloaded” message no longer appears when transitioning between maps.

There ya go.

Inferno
    Fleet Member
    Team Player
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.