Fleet voice chat channel.

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Federation News Network Fleet voice chat channel.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Paradoxical
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Since a few people both in the fleet and Armada have asked for it, I have created a Voice Chat server for us to use. It is a Discord server. There are 3 reasons why I chose to use Discord over the other popular choices:

1. It’s completely free

2. You don’t need to download anything to use it. (can be browser based)

3. Permission were an easy affair.

It’s free for any Fleet members and Armada members to use. I have set up some Basic rooms to help oragnize usage of it.

Tactical Channels are set aside for people to use for STF’s and group missions.

Holodecks are just for rooms for parties, or if a few members just want to chat amongst themselves without intterupting main chat.

The Admiral’s officer is for the leadership to utilize for whatever purpose.

Finally, sickbay is the AFK channel. Afk for an hour, you go here.

Here is the link to the server: https://discord.gg/ayuyXUj

Let me know if you have a suggestion for this or anything else.

defcon1776
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Now allz I need is a headset.

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Servers are down, 6 of us on Discord. This thing is alive, it also has chat so check it out.

horridperson
    Fleet Member

I had a look but couldn’t figure it out. Got a nice pic of my cat on there as an avatar but that’s about it. I think grenthor was on playing WoW but I was in ten forward and didn’t know how to say hello. Typing is bad enough :P.

Hey guys!

I would like to propose that we push voice comms more. I understand this was not the initial or preferred method for 44th, but it is really difficult to talk to folks in in-game chat when it takes forever to convey something.

Please let me know if I am out of line on this, but I really feel this needs to be pushed more.

Thanks!

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Nope, not out of line. Just because it isn’t that popular in STO doesn’t mean we should not use it, keep pushing this 🙂

It’s easy folks ! Just go here.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Awesome, thanks boss man! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.