Fleet Research Lab

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Fleet Research Lab

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

So today the Krenim Fleet Research Lab has gone live. What does this mean for you the player? From the STO blog:

Fleet Research Lab

This is a new Fleet Holding where fleets will be able to build their very own Space Station Research Lab using Krenim technology.
    This facility will offer many opportunities for captains to explore and participate in the existing R&D system in new and rewarding ways for equipping your ship and crew. (More R&D grind)
    The Fleet Research Lab will also feature many unlockable projects to visually improve its exterior and interior. (These “nice to have” amenities will be low on the priority list)

Among many other rewards, the Fleet Research Lab will grant access to additional Reputation Trait Slot and Starship Trait Slot unlocks. (This will be on TOP of the priority list!)

Starting upon reaching Tier I of the Fleet Research Lab, Fleets may slot new Weekly Fleet-Wide Buff Projects in the Research Lab’s Upgrade project slot.
    These projects share a timer, and may only be completed once every 5 days.
    Only one Weekly Buff may be active at any point in time, each lasting 5 days and applying to all members of the Fleet.

Fleet leadership may choose from 3 different types of Weekly Buffs:
    * Dilithium Ore Bonus (no-brainer, this will be a priority bonus)
    * Skillpoint Bonus (nice to have, but leveling has other bonuses available. A maybe when leveling alts)
    * Combat Performance Boost (can be dealt with via build improvements. Compared to the dili bonus, this is a definite maybe).

The effectiveness of each Buff will increase as the Tier of the Research Lab Facility increases.

So basically just building this FRL will be a priority in our own fleets, both Fed and KDFs side. Expect fleet projects to focus on this FRL and a lot of easy to fill projects to take a back seat (we will continue to upgrade the Delta fleet Tiers as usual though).

Our goal will be to use the Armada alliance(s) to help with this, but I have serious doubts other fleet(members) will be willing to donate the ginormous dilithium required simply because they need it for their own fleet projects and personal dili/zen needs (don’t we all?_. So basically whether we’re in an Armada or not, we will have to feed this beast ourselves, at least in the beginning.

I’ll post the FRL requirements when they become available, but start saving resources folks! A lot you can get for free (meaning just clicking your mouse) so this is very much doable, even if it will take some time. Heck we filled three fleets so this should be a cake-walk. In a minefield 😀

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

i was eager to see it, but looks like season 10.5 is having some issues. guess i will go read the patch notes. 🙂

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Weekly buff is a nice feature : )

Congrats everyone for completing the “Lost Civilizations” visual project. I noticed one of the artifacts we unlocked looks like Delorean Flux Capacitor from Back to the Future movie. Nice time travelling connection there.

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

i just had to have the lost civilization artifacts. that was a lot of dilithium so i was going to just do it myself, but looks like someone helped out, so thanks.

i think it really makes the conference room look good.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Thanks to all that contributed, awesome guys !

elvis441
    Fleet Member

So….. Now that we’ve reached T1 with R&D at the Research Lab how long will we need to wait to start purchasing gear? How many provisions will need to build up before we start? It would be appreciated for the Admiralty to weigh in.

Thx

Elvis

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

We will need quite a few provisions for all three fleets (Main, Delta and KDF) before we can all get our hands on those juicy Research Lab Sci consoles. If we could restrain ourselves to buy just one of each (1 sci console, 1 kit frame, 1 sec deflector etc) per account we will need 25 of each (ideally 40 minimum), on each fleet, just for starters.

Currently our focus is to unlock the higher tier first, before we start investing in actual provisions – just skipping the Advanced versions and go straight for the Elite goodies. Our previous experience with unlocking Adv/Elite fleet gear show that interest in Advanced gear is very low, and after buying a few for novelty they’re basically a waste of resources.

Also remember that the current research Lab Sci consoles are getting nerfed as we speak as they’re *not working as intended*.
    So if you wanted to use them to get that million DPS one-shot ability: not going to happen. 😀

Tier III Research/Development requires 59,500 xp, and (daily) large xp projects give 1,200 per 20 hrs. If we’d run those back to back it’ll take ~40 days plus 2x 5-day tier II-III upgrades means ~50 days minimum, *not* including additional store unlock projects plus the actual store provisioning.
    Ball park figures, just to give you an idea.

The good news is that we’re progressing quite well; Research Lab projects fill fast and we’ll keep those projects up 24/7. During the 5-day tier upgrades we’ll slot as many provisioning projects as we can to start building up our ‘treasury’.
    This also means that amenities will take a back seat, following the 44th’s usual path of focusing on ‘must have’ rather than ‘nice to have’.

We will keep watching the upgrades/provisioning process and make changes if needed along the way.

I know we all want the shiny stuff *now*, but we have to be a bit more patient. We’ve gone down this path before and we know where to go and how to get there fastest, but it will still take several weeks and serious shared resources before we’ll have our ‘grand sale’.

Lhivera
    Fleet Member

The projects fill up so quickly I’ve only been able to contribute once! I’m not worried about building up the fleet credits, I have more than I need, but I feel kind of lame that I’m not helping to get it built.

This is my first time being present for a holding that’s being built from scratch — do the projects get more difficult to fill up as we go?

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

I had a link from tribble somewhere with information on end tier upgrades. Will post it when I come home and find it, but from previous experience, it will take large amount of dil, doffs and fleet marks. I’m glad we are not having problems with progressing through Research Lab, taken we are working on 3 fleets at the same time. We will soon get few more armada allies so their projects can also be good source of fleet credits, taken that 44 Delta projects are filled. We can also open projects at already completed holdings if needed.

About skipping advanced gear and going straight to elite, after spending some time at delta holding, looks like it offers only elite so provisions will be needed from the start. Each tier will unlock different elite gear, and not just improved version as old holdings had. Of course, I may be wrong, but this is the case with new sci consoles. But we are limited with number of provisions at this time so better wait with some serious shopping as Marcase said.

Hope I’m not wrong, but at T3 we will have Krenim boffs with power cooldown reduction as species trait – which I’m really excited about.

defcon1776
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

@Lhivera wrote:

The projects fill up so quickly I’ve only been able to contribute once! I’m not worried about building up the fleet credits, I have more than I need, but I feel kind of lame that I’m not helping to get it built.

This is my first time being present for a holding that’s being built from scratch — do the projects get more difficult to fill up as we go?

Be sure to check the Armada tab, Armada>Holdings and see if Armada fleets have open projects as well. :mrgreen:

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Here are Research Lab resource requirements I mentioned I will post when I find them.

So far we have unlocked:
    – XII Kit Frames (XIII version of same modules will be unlocked at higher tier)
    – XII Kit Modules (XIII version of same modules will be unlocked at higher tier)
    – Restorative Particle Focuser Consoles (sci consoles that were bugged, allowing huge amounts of DPS, fixed on last patch)
    – Strategic Secondary Deflectors
    – Uncommon Fleet Krenim Researcher doff (with R&D specialization and Perfectionist trait needed to increase chance of critical success of Research Lab doff assignments that can be find at this holding map)
    Doff Assignment

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Unlocked!

Doff missions with rewards depending on choice of r&d school:

Wayfarier
    Fleet Member

Just a question. Since I am in delta I am not sure I&E th main 44th projects. I have seen the Amrada holdings but not the mai. Fleet’s. I have started contributoing, but being new not a lot of extra anything yet. But will continue to help out.

Anyway, I must be doing something wrong when looking at the holdings. Please advise.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

You can see and donate to main fleet from Delta fleet, however there is a bug swarming around that affects some of us and our alts randomly; it’s quite likely you have it too.
    The bug makes the Armada list look either empty or miss certain fleets – they’re all there and accounted for, they’re just not showing.

It has no further negative effects only the annoyance that you can’t cross-donate. Cryptic will send out a new patch (their second) soon, so hopefully that will fix it (and not break something else in the process) 😈

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Unlocked:

Ask for invite if you are in Delta Fleet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.