Excelsior-X

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Excelsior-X

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Captain Huckabee
    Fleet Member

Some of you know, the Kelvin Constitution has had my eye. I like the on-screen designs and have always wished the in-game designs looked closer to them as far as the smooth lines, etc. I was really disappointed with the Resolute design and thought they missed the point on making a good looking modern Excelsior. I got to playing around with my T5 one and kit-bashed this together. Normally not something I like doing, because my wish is this game was more RP then MMO, so I do what I can on my end to please my mind. I thought it looked really good and could be a good alternate to the Kelvin cruiser for those looking at the classic look with modern flare. Enjoy.

Resolute Hull, Neck, Pylons. Excelsior Saucer, Excelsior Alpha Nacelles. Skin is Fleet (Type 7 looks good too) with Type 5 windows.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Very nice.

I must admit, when they recycled the Excelsior-model on TV for use in the DS9 series I thought they’d overused it (though I accepted it in TNG which is basically the same era) but along the way I came to appreciate the design more and more. I still have one as a single-cannon build on one of my alts and in its day it was a vicious cruiser-scort; agile enough to use cannons to great effect.

Speaking of – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pEYaKJUrds’- T6 Excelsior owning ISA 😀

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

horridperson
    Fleet Member

Looks nice. I pretty much chose the same parts you did. The only difference I can see is the choice of pylons. While the flared ones do look more dynamic and the classic seem flat and let the ship down a bit I couldn’t get over those red accents and kept them classic.

Captain Huckabee
    Fleet Member

Yea, I almost when with the stock pylons too. But I wanted to make the ship look more like it could hang with the other 25th century ships, so I forced myself to go with the swept back pylons. Not a fan of them myself. I just tell myself the extra impulse drives makes it a faster battleship.

Canon wise, this game just don’t make much sense with these big ships. Like I said, I’ve always wished it was more RP then MMO. So I like sticking with something mid-sized.

palcioz
    Chief Engineer

Nice looking ship! And, to be fair, if there’s any vessel that makes you say, “By God, that’s a big ship,” it should be an Excelsior. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.