Eng Consoles and Turn Rate

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Eng Consoles and Turn Rate

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Delsaran Daro
    Fleet Member

I’d like to thank Marcase and everyone else for helping out with my questions.  There is a mind-boggling amount to wrap one’s head around in here and I’m sure my questions are answered somewhere…finding the answers is bewildering.  As Morrison said, “A Roman wilderness of pain…”.  🙂

So…I currently have an Eng. console equipped that gives my lumbering behemoth of a ship +18% boost to my turn rate.  I’m in the Tal Shiar Adapted Cruiser with a base turn of 7.  In looking through options at the fleet mine there are a number of Fleet consoles that offer better, like 20%.  Not sure how much money I want to part with for that incrementally small difference…depending.  First question: Is that 2% difference a noticeable difference in handling the ship?  Second question: If I leave the current console equipped and add the Fleet console with +20%…do those percentages stack to a +38% turn rate?

With my limited gaming knowledge, I’m gonna guess the answer to the second question is no, and before I spend any money, I’m looking for some insight on whether it’s worth my effort.

Also (Question 3…might as well toss this in here too)  The Tal Shiar ship is equipped with the Adapted Borg Warp Core.  Is there a reason to leave that there or can I pick up a different warp core from the fleet mine that’s better?  I realize it’s part of a set.  I don’t have the shrapnel torpedo console yet and I’m gonna guess there’s a buff for completing a set of any type.  Guess my question is should I complete the set and then upgrade the core or is there another core worth my money?

I realize Marcase has already made some recommendations for me but I did not ask specifically about the Adapted Borg core.

Thanks…Daro

aka @talyn#3391

Delsaran Daro
    Fleet Member

I read somewhere that there’s some incrementally small difference in the DNA between a chimp and a human.  But good luck having a conversation with a chimp.  I feel like the chimp.

>[:^{]

Daro

aka @talyn#3391

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

A 2% increase is not worth the investment, but if you look at fleet (mine) engineer RCS turn consoles you will see they add something extra, which makes them more attractive.

STO is weird, in that 1+1+1=2.75-ish consoles. Overall, stacking consoles is often only done for specific builds like science ships. The one exception is stacking tactical consoles – you never have enough of those. To answer your question your turn would increase, but is also influenced by your engine power setting: 1 RCS console buffed by 75% engine power is equal to 2x RCS with say 25% engine power.

As I mentioned elsewhere, equipping the engineer bridge officer with 2 copies of EPTE (emergency power to engines) will turn your ship into a spinning ballerina. This means you can drop 1 or all RCS consoles, freeing space for say armor consoles.

The Borg warpcore is more of a gimmick. It does its job but it is not the best. Just keep it as it does improve your repair rate a bit, and investing in a shiny Fleet warpcore with an (AMP) mod is not something you need right now.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Delsaran Daro
    Fleet Member

Marcase,

As always…thank you.  And…thanks for decrypting the acronym EPTE.  I was afraid to ask and hadn’t had a chance to dope it out yet.

And…thanks for the recipe for Romulan Ale.   🙂

Daro

aka @talyn#3391

Delsaran Daro
    Fleet Member

I equipped the engineer’s slots with 2 EPTE as you suggested.  While I would say I notice a difference…not sure about the spinning ballerina comparison.  Course, I was a bit taken aback by the size of the Tal Shiar ship…under the best of circumstances, even if it did pirouette like a ballerina, the ballerina I envision would be Andre The Giant in a tutu. (which is a horrible visual I realize.  🙂  )

Perhaps I’m asking for something a ship this size just can’t deliver. Wonder if this makes a difference though.  You don’t differentiate in your last post but when I went to equip the slots, EPTE I went in the first slot and defaulted to EPTE II for the second one.  Didn’t look like I had any other option, everything was grayed out.  Is it supposed to be two copies of EPTE I or is having I & II the intended configuration?  Whichever the case I will continue to dope my way through your recommended mods…once I decrypt all the acronyms.  🙂

Thanks again…

Daro

aka @talyn#3391

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

I was afraid to ask and hadn’t had a chance to dope it out yet.

One thing about this Fleet that I found, you NEVER have to be afraid to ask.

You will always find someone willing to help. TFOs, Endeavors, Episodes or just some to chat with, you can find it in this Fleet.

They even let Grumpy Old Klingons join up 🙂

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

Delsaran Daro
    Fleet Member

Sarge,

I’m finding this to be true.  Marcase in particular has been extraordinary.

Daro

aka @talyn#3391

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Marcase in particular has been extraordinary.

I am, but I have pills for that now.

If bridge officer powers are greyed out, it’s possible you have to promote that particular BOFF to unlock its higher abilities.
    Go to the BOFF / Skills and in the right lower corner there’s a promote button:

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.