Confirmed — Star Trek: Discovery Will Have A Female Lead

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Confirmed — Star Trek: Discovery Will Have A Female Lead

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    KirksFavoriteSon
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

For those who haven’t seen the news. Long rumored, now confirmed.

Variety magazine broke the story. Link to the article on their website follows:

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/star-trek-discovery-cbs-female-lead-1201834966/

Cheers,

Shaw

aka @CobaltBlueHero

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Awesome news. Another good reason I can stick with my all-female toons theme 😀

Seriously, the female lead won’t be the captain, but a Lt.CDR. who will have an *interesting* relation with the captain and subordinates. This reminds me somehow of Lt. Saavik from TWOK (played by a then hot Kirstie Alley). I like this middle level approach to a new Trek story.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

So there’s a possibility of a black female being on a starship bridge? Inconceivable! I couldn’t care less about color or sex unless she is sessy but if the character isn’t strong so what. In the end what does it do for the show dynamics and the overall quality?

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

[attachment=0:3636f65d]CpimJQMUkAASA-Y.jpg[/attachment:3636f65d]

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I hope they make the president a transgender female for even more PCness! …not
    And I guess the Klinks will have the “human face” after Archer and before, well whenever that was that they reverted in the TOS movies?

horridperson
    Fleet Member

Sounds cool. I’m looking forward to watching it free online already 🙂 .

Stone Gold
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

The more I find out about this show the more I don’t want to watch it. Didn’t much like Voyager but I watched it. This one I thought was set between TOS and TNG but now I see it is before TOS… hhhmmm… not really sure now. Would love to watch it if the Klingons will be kicking butt. That I could go for for a nice change.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Just have to wait and see I guess. I know it prob won’t meet expectations, I just hope it will be an enjoyable show overall.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.