Blackout is going to love this…

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Blackout is going to love this…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    fatman592
    Fleet Member

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1396331

Time to rejoice, we’re all getting another character slot. I bet you’re ready to grind another 140 levels for your brand new Delta Recruit.

/sarcasm off.

I was thinking about re-rolling all but my main, but it seems season 10 comes at a bad time. I’ll be refining dil on those alts for a good chunk of that time.

Seems like if that trait provides damage immunity through the duration of Hazard Emitters, or the APB doff, then that’s absurdly OP. Oh and uh, buh bye PvP altogether.

But a free character slot is always welcome, another dil farmer, woo.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

No way!

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

… and they will earn a host of new benefits and rewards to aid them in their leveling experience.

Delta Recruits are specifically designed to rapidly close the gap that exists between new characters and characters that have been in Star Trek Online for years. It’s the most new-player friendly the game has been in almost two years, and the perfect time to join the community of Star Trek Online.“

I’m obviously reading too much in this, but somehow I get the idea that these Delta recruits / alts get a short cut finishing the various Reputations; even shorter perhaps than is currently available via the sponsorship token.

That is, I bloody well hope so, because I honestly don’t see myself leveling another alt all the way from 0-60, 5 reps, plus 4 specializations, even sponsored…

This I find odd – “Additional rewards are gained by leveling up, playing through story content up through the Breen story arc
    Why Breen ?

… there will be server wide goals that only Delta Recruits can contribute to, but by accomplishing these goals, they unlock bonuses for the entire server for the whole of the next week of the event

So everyone will be grinding for these bonuses: Queues? what queues…?

As usual I’m looking at this way too darkly, in the end it always falls into place. Wait and see…

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

horridperson
    Fleet Member

I had a read and hope they consider more carefully what they are doing. On paper it would be a great way to bring alt play; not dilithium muling back into the game. There is so much potential for a win here I think there brainstorming team really hit it out of the park. I’m not as optimistic about the practical implementation but then again twist my rubber arm, give me a free character slot and see if I’ll make another character. I’m a little pissed I made two time themed characters quite recently who would have fit the bill perfectly and now I have to think up another.

Blackout
    Fleet Member

I guess I could always use another contraband farmer… this is the perfect time to invest in gathering even more resources!

Seriously though, i’ll make a toon to get a trait, and then let it roam the galaxy gathering contraband after the event. In no universe will i be making another toon to level up to 140 for the third time, especially with the nerf to patrols, unless there is a permanent 5x+ xp modifier.

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

How very exciting another event that I don’t want to work towards. And yea, it’s work… Sorry to be all doom and gloom, but this really sounds like a last ditch effort to try to make up for past mistakes in enslaving us all to grind even more, only to have us grind even more. /boggle

Maybe a new contraband farmer like Blackout suggested but even that doesn’t much sound like fun to me at the moment.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.