Best Torpedo Boom-Boom

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Best Torpedo Boom-Boom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TBjarnason
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019

With the upgrade weekend here, I figured it was a good time to do some weapon upgrades. I do run a fore torpedo launcher (currently a Quantum TL Mk XII), and I’ve always know that it’s just ‘meh’, so not much point in sinking a bunch of upgrades into it when I know there is much better TL’s.

However, I am finding it difficult to find an answer on what the best overall launcher would be. From what I gather, it’s down to either the Gravimetric Photon TL for the Dyson Rep, or the crafted Particle Emission Plasma TL. Apparently the Crystalline Energy TL was a good choice as well for AP builds, but that isn’t available anymore.

Also, a lot of players say that the best TL type is based on the situation. Well, I am no advanced player, so my situation is always basically kill them before they kill me as I tend to be a bit glassy. So I need something that hits hard and has a quick refresh.

Currently I have a AP build on a Odyssey Tactical Cruiser. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks everyone!

Paradoxical
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

the plasma is the better choice for dps. The grav torp only has a 33% chance to proc the extra effect. The plasma one always pops.. The only time the grav trip is better is with high epg

TBjarnason
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019

I was kind of thinking the same thing after I read that spec. Also, does the plasma one benefit from the Embassy Plasma consoles? I thought I read somewhere that it did.

Paradoxical
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

yes it does. That console affects plasma dots, which that cloud is.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.