At least the expansion seems to be a success….

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck At least the expansion seems to be a success….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    horridperson
    Fleet Member

A laggy start but visually I was really impressed with the new look. The UI looks polished and I was really happy with the variety of costumes the romulans got out of the gate; Even so I had to buy the TOS costumes 😀 .

I had been cruising along through the Romulan story quite happily even if it took forever to dress my new crew and teach them how to hold their weapons. Sadly after the patch shutdown and fix the queue was massive. I couldn’t believe it. I think the thing topped 20,000 people at it’s worst. Oh well looks like I’m down to 5000 and change from over 7000. Reading the cranky posts in the STO forums I’m thinking many are ragequitting the lineup. Excellent 😈 . You will have to do more than delay me in crazy lineups to keep from new story content 😀 .

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Terribly annoying to be placed back into the login queue on switching chars 🙁 just trying to login “quickly” to refine dilithium I couldn’t last nite due to lag and downtime…

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Everytime I try to log in now I’m like 1,499 out of 1,500 qeued.

Well I figured that the rest of the week after launch would be non-STO cold turkey time due to the unavoidable laggs and server crashes – seems I’m right so far.

But yeah, I liked LoR on Tribble and I’m definately getting my Rom – she (of course it would be another she :)) is going to be a Tac.
    As fun as a Sci is and usefull an Eng is on ground (STFs/Defera/Nukara) STO is and will be a DPS based game, so full Acc traits for my new pointy ear captain…

Still unsure on following the KDF or Fed banner; KDF has the best toys but it just feels “wrong” to roll a KDF Romulan.
    Well, I still have some time untill I reach lvl 50 (figuring 3-4 weeks).

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

horridperson
    Fleet Member

If you haven’t been playing there are some mild spoilers in my comments so don’t read if you haven’t played to 10 yet. 😀

After the allegiance mission I didn’t have any moral compunctions about siding with the KDF. Jiro was every bit the waffling slimey politician and T’Nae wasn’t exactly friendly. In all honesty given the representation of the two factions at Khitomer I can’t see why anyone would side with the Feds. The KDF seemed more hostile at go but their recognition of Temer’s sacrifice and Jarod’s intervention made it a no-brainer for me.

I am biased and would have joined the KDF if they told me the KDF Romulan uniform included mickey mouse ears for a head dress.

The stability seems to have improved quite a bit since the patch. I can equip gear on my subordinates and ship without scheduling a coffee break while I wait. You guys had it right regarding the queue and character shifts though. It may be some time before we can run Defera with our alts 😀 .

defcon1776
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Can’t even get back in to play without 6k out of 7k or some ungodly wait in the que. Last two times I did manage to survive the que, I was d/c’d in subsequent map changes and another time at random just 3 minutes after managing to get in while siting in sector space. Beginning to think all this isn’t worth the aggravation any more. Perhaps I’ll try again in a week, then again maybe not.

Latinumbar
    Admiral (Retired)
    Team Player

@Marcase wrote:

Everytime I try to log in now I’m like 1,499 out of 1,500 qeued.

The ques will get better and disappear over time. That said, I love my perk of gold member status. Last night, I got put at 25 out of 1300 when I logged in. (btw, LTS is on sale right now for $199 US)

@Marcase wrote:

Still unsure on following the KDF or Fed banner; KDF has the best toys but it just feels “wrong” to roll a KDF Romulan.
    Well, I still have some time untill I reach lvl 50 (figuring 3-4 weeks).

Play through the content up to level 10, and see if it still feels “wrong”.

horridperson
    Fleet Member

RAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Disconnected prompted after arrival. Oh well. I’m assuming there are some more fixes to come 😀 .

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I think they lowered the server cap to put more people in the que and sell more LTS, which oh by the way as Lat said is only sale = only $199.00 hrm… conspiracy!

Negator
    Fleet Member

I have a deal that the LTS is my Christmas present to myself. If its still like this in two weeks I might think of taking leave until then.

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

personally i think the LTS on sale is a good deal.

typically at these times (new seasons) when i login i will be like 7 or 10 out of 15,000 or whatever. never takes more than a few seconds to get in….IF…the game is working.

i have been shut out the last 2 nights due to maintenance.

horridperson
    Fleet Member

Just from being on the other night noticed some significant improvements. My hours are odd (at least locally) but there was no queue and the stability seemed to have improved as well. I crossing my fingers as the fix they are bringing up is intended among other things to improve same so hopefully they won’t unfix what doesn’t appear to be broken from where I’m sitting.

I’m really liking the new storyline. I made subcommander (21) before I logged off last session and just got my valdore “meaned” up (still waiting on Ba’el to finish T5 Rom rep so I can make my ships look cool with the reman textures 🙄 ).

A couple situations in the late teens adventures were a little too implausi-bad to believe Tal Shiar vetting processes aside this is really enjoyable. Yeah, I have new stories and costumes to play with I’m a happy horridperson 😀 . The I.K.S. bok Huj (trans. strange alliance) is ready for war. Qapla’! 😳 erm, whatever Romulans say.

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

(still waiting on Ba’el to finish T5 Rom rep so I can make my ships look cool with the reman textures)

I think you can get those Reman textures only if you have Reman toon.but someone needs to confirm this.

I’m glad they fixed waiting time.But it could be that less players are trying to log in.

horridperson
    Fleet Member

@Jerin

I’m not sure if the texture are part of the unlock either. I really like them and am tempted to drop the zen to get them. Since I’m so close to t5(94000?) I think I’ll err on the side of caution and wait and see.

Beta
    Fleet Member

Ive unlock reman from tier 5 romulan rep and i have the reman ship skins. 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.