Application for Wolf@Wolfblood [BlaqWolf]

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Recruitment Academy Application for Wolf@Wolfblood [BlaqWolf]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BlaqWolf
    Fleet Member

And I defaulted to the name I use for many other games rather than the one I so often forget in STO:

@Wolfblood

Currently they’re under maintenance so I can’t call up a list of charnames – But my main is Wolf@ (Fed), a Fed-Rom Idolani@, a fed tac T’Shul@ and a dusty KDF I almost never log into whose name escapes me ATM.

I’ve been in my current fleet forever and an age, but they’ve pretty much closed out the fleet store to almost everyone, and it’s been that way for almost a year so… time to go. I’ve got no problems donating to fleet projects except the two requirements that simply do not return the investment given:
    Anything requiring Dil or EC. At 1:1, plus needing to pony up more when you actually purchase something, is not balanced at all against other uses for the same resources, and the general difficulty of gaining such resources (EC especially, but Dil as well). But, that said, if projects are moving and I have the Marks, crew, or scientific materials available I’ll certainly make use of them. And perhaps EC/Dil, if I feel the return is viable.

I’m 40+, play more games than just STO (I’m a Lifetime member, regrettably). World of Tanks (BlaqWolf), Paths of Exile, Diablo III, Star Citizen, GW2, Armored Warfare… I rotate through games rather often, active in one for as long as it keeps my interest and moving to the next as interest shifts. I might RP if there’s anyone who has such interests, but I’ve found that few in STO care to so… eh, no biggie.

I have and use TS, Mumble, Vent – whichever is needed for a particular group.

I’ve read the rules here on the forum; they’re pretty much what I have come to expect from a mature guild, which is good. 44th looked like a good fit because they’ve completed all of those long fleet build projects and can now focus primarily on provision and event projects. 44th seems to also be more coordinated than the one I’m currently in, that is all but inactive, getting together to do STFs as a fleet rather than having random invites pop up w/o a word said in fleet chat from names you’ve never seen.

For me, games are games, not jobs/grinds… that’s where Eve finally failed, and STO is pushing ever closer to that norm.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Hi,

I tried sending you an invite but system says you’re already / still in a fleet. If still interested in joining the 44th pls leave your current fleet and pm me or post here.

LLAP

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Welcome BlaqWolf,

you can choose what you want to donate to projects, no need for dilithium/ec if you don’t want to. Once you get access to fleet store, you don’t have to pay anything extra when buying an item. At start you will join new fleet we created, where you have better chance of getting Fleet Credit needed for promotion. You can than choose to stay in SLD or move to main fleet. Marcase will explain more once he send you an invite : )

About RP, there will be something very special soon so check our forum for news. It will be announced in game too ^^

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Thanks for applying to the mighty 44th. You already received your invite by now.

Make sure you join our 44th chat channel “44th-diplo” by copy/pasting or typing the following into the chat window: /channel_join 44th-diplo

This is used to communicate with our 44th Fleet, 44th Strategic Logistics Division and our 44th Assault Squadron (KDF) – we don’t use the game provided fleet channel.

For Teamspeak details visit – http://startrek.44thfleet.com/forum/index.php?f=12&t=30&rb_v=viewtopic (teamspeak is not a requirement though).

As a new Ensign you will be stationed for 4 weeks in the 44th Strategic Logistics Division.
    You are still a part of and are still be able to communicate with the main fleet and the KDF via the mentioned 44th-diplo channel.

To get promoted to Lieutenant and transferred to the main 44th Fleet – and its access to the various Fleet stores and facilities – you must meet 3 requirements.

1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on our 44th forum at least once during the review period of 1 month (which starts today);

2) Have an in-game leaderboard donation score of 50,000 fleet credits minimum (either by one, or by your total alts combined);

3) Must be in good standing with the fleet.

Please bookmark the “Active Topics” page of this forum to keep up-to-date.

Welcome aboard

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

BlaqWolf
    Fleet Member

Well, thanks for the invite and the chat folks…

But I think I might just uninstall the fucking game.

After dropping by to join the gathering at Vulcan with some thousand other players, I had the displeasure of being spammed by an asshat with his fucking discoball.

So I reported him. I brought his name to the forums (along with about six other threads) – I get banned. The other users get banned. The asshat with the disco ball does not.

If that’s the way Craptic runs things, I will applaud the servers shutting down and regret every dime ever spent on it.

(pardon my language, but I’m peeved. Having someone else’s emotes forced on me is griefing in every other game but this one. And reporting them gets ME banned? WTF?)

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

You are not allowed to post name@handle of other players, it is against rules of the forum. Stupid rule in this case as you had good intention. I understand how you feel, and I can’t believe there are people trolling those that are trying to give their respect to Mr.Nimoy. But he is only 0.1% of current player-base, don’t let him ruin the game for you, Captain.

horridperson
    Fleet Member

BlaqWolf,

There is always going to be that guy. Life, games there are shitheels who waste our air (real or virtual 😀 ). Maybe you will reconsider. This is a solid fleet with some great people in it. Don’t worry about the asshats; We can’t choose who gets to play the game but we can enjoy playing the game with the company we choose.

Either way; Best of Luck,

horridperson

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

From Red Shirt patch notes: “Players should no longer be able to use party powers such as the Disco Ball on other players around the statue of Spock on Vulcan.” – They listened.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.