Application for Robodoc

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Recruitment Academy Application for Robodoc

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Fleet Member
    • Characters: Kyrok@robodoc#2066 Fed
    • Previous fleets: None
    • Why join the Mighty 44th? I’m old and need help. LOL! Judging by your website, this seems like a very welcoming group with a lot of great resources. My hope is learn from the community, and eventually pay it forward by helping other players.
    • Tell us about yourself: I’m a loooooooooong time Trekkie! I also love sci-fi in general. I used to play a lot of Xbox games, mostly FPS and RPGs, but one of my favorite PC games was the now defunct City of Heroes. I have way too many hobbies, including comic books, sketching, painting, model building, R/C cars, fishing, golf, etc.
    • Do you accept the rules and regulations? Yes

aka @robodoc#2066

Phoenix
    Fleet Admiral
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Hi Rob,

Thanks for applying to the mighty 44th! You will receive your in-game invite next time you log in.

Join our 44th chat channel “44th-diplo” by typing the following into the chat window: /channel_join 44th-diplo.

This is used to communicate with our 44th Fleet, 44th Delta, 44th Gamma and our 44th Assault Squadron (KDF) – we don’t use the in-game fleet channel. We are four fleets acting as one.

As a new 44th Fleet Ensign, you will be stationed for 6 weeks in the 44th Delta Fleet (KDF’s go directly to our 44th Assault Sqn). For a promotion to Lieutenant and fleet store unlock, you just need to meet 2 requirements:

1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on our 44th forum at least once during the review period of 2 weeks (which starts today);
    2) Must be in good standing with the fleet.

The fleet rank of Commander can be reached after 6 weeks, after which you can move up to 2 alts to 44th main fleet and/or 3 alts to 44th Delta. Additional alts may go to 44th Gamma as well. Promotion schedules can be viewed on our Trello board, with dates marked on the calendar.

Full access to the 44th forum has now been unlocked, feel free to look around. Please bookmark this forum to keep up with Fleet news, and see the most recent quarterly State of the Fleet to catch up.

We are on twitter and use Discord for voice (not a requirement, but recommended).

Need some help with STO? Check out our FAQ, starting ship builds and mechanics guide to help you on your way.

As a mature, no-drama fleet the 44th caters to casual and hard-core players, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in.

Welcome aboard!

aka @phoenix#6622

Shohom
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Welcome aboard Robert!

The longest journey is the discovery of oneself

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Welcome aboard.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Rob
    Fleet Member

Thank you gentlemen and/or ladies. It’ an honor to serve with the 44th.

I’m still learning the game mechanics, and communication – for some reason- has always been confusing for me. I don’t think I received a fleet invite in-game, but it may be that I didn’t recognize it (very suspicious by my nature [and species]). LOL. Also, how do I go to the 44th Assault Squadron?

Currently I’m trying to optimize my ship per the Hilbert guide. There are 2 missions I have that involve battling a Romulan battlecruiser that destroys me almost instantly, so I’m stuck on those. Hopefully the changes I’m making will allow me to fare better next time.

Looking forward to gaming with you!

-Rob

aka @robodoc#2066

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

The get your KDF faction alts in our (now also your!) 44th Assault Squadron just log in on your KDF alt and ask for a KDF invite in 44th-diplo chat. Make sure you have that up and running since that’s the cross-faction fleet channel.

You can also ask there for a wingman if you’re struggling with a mission. 😉

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.