February 19, 2020 at 7:18 pm #426209PatrickFleet Member
- Real name: Patrick
- Age: 40
- Location: Quebec, Canada
- Characters: Saakana
- Previous fleets: None
- Why join the Mighty 44th? I played STO in 2013, for about 2 months straight, but real-life commitments made me drop most MMO’s I was a part of at the time (SWG-Emu projects, Runescape, Lineage II private servers and STO). I never got really far in STO, maybe around level 40… and after all this time, I decided to return. I did not recall what my handle was, or my previous account information, so I started fresh. I have been lurking, casually, since roughly a few weeks after the 10th Anniversary events started, which helped a LOT in getting to level 65 quickly. I got myself a few small packs to help out and I now go through the remaining episodes (currently in the Delta Quadrant storyline).
So yeah… I’m lurking around, looking at the various fleets, reading up on their websites – if any – asking around to those that seem active enough and this one seems like a good fit for me. I am more of a casual gamer now, but I do log in for at least an hour or two every night, especially with the events, but also to finish the episodes and attempt to grab the various “sets” that are related to each.
- Tell us about yourself: 40 years old, father of 4. Semi-serious Trekkie, Star Wars fan, Sci-Fi enthusiast, previously an hardcore gamer(was part of the Quake 3 CTF competitive scene), but now enjoy casual gaming. I play several games, to various degrees in rotations… or depending on my mood. I have a very broad sense of humour, I don’t take things too seriously, unless it’s life-related and serious (hah!). As I said, I’m a Star Trek fan, but not an hardcore trekkie. I just enjoy the whole universe Gene Roddenberry created. It makes me hope for greater things for humankind.
If anything else, feel free to ask. I’m not going to bite!
Oh – I almost always play a main female toon – reason dates back to my Everquest days – where I mistakenly created a female toon and rolled with it since. I do enjoy RP’ing, but I am no longer into more “serious” RP’ing. All my toons do have background stories though – I feel it makes me feel attached to them and I tend to invest more time into them that way.
In hopes to meet you among the stars!
- Do you accept the rules and regulations? Yes
aka @pgar79February 20, 2020 at 9:15 pm #426210PhoenixVice-Admiral
Thanks for applying to the mighty 44th! You will receive your in-game invite next time you log in.
Join our 44th chat channel “44th-diplo” by typing the following into the chat window: /channel_join 44th-diplo.
This is used to communicate with our 44th Fleet, 44th Delta, 44th Gamma and our 44th Assault Squadron (KDF) – we don’t use the in-game fleet channel. We are four fleets acting as one.
As a new 44th Fleet Ensign, you will be stationed for 6 weeks in the 44th Gamma Fleet (KDF’s go directly to our 44th Assault Sqn). For a promotion to Lieutenant and fleet store unlock, you just need to meet 2 requirements:
1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on our 44th forum at least once during the review period of 2 weeks (which starts today);
2) Must be in good standing with the fleet.
The fleet rank of Commander can be reached after 6 weeks, after which you can move up to 2 alts to 44th main fleet and/or 3 alts to 44th Delta. Promotion schedules can be viewed on our Trello board, with dates marked on the calendar.
Full access to the 44th forum has now been unlocked, feel free to look around. Please bookmark this forum to keep up with Fleet news, and see the most recent quarterly State of the Fleet to catch up.
As a mature, no-drama fleet the 44th caters to casual and hard-core players, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in.
aka @phoenix#6622February 20, 2020 at 10:38 pm #426211PatrickFleet Member
I just want to say, thanks for the invite and I just now got to see this post. I got carried away with Bajoran missions and Jem’Hadar fighting, so I did not join the in-game channel right away.
I’ve donated to the fleet, as I’ve been stockpiling fleet marks since I started again – hope it helps! I’ll hop onto Discord here and there, but might not use it all that much to talk (I do have 4 young kids and they can be noisy at times), but I’ll come in and listen whenever I can.
So again, thank you and in the hopes of meeting you all in the stars!
aka @pgar79February 20, 2020 at 10:24 am #426216ShohomFleet Member
Welcome to the 44th Patrick! Most of us are casual players, so you should fit right in😊
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.