May 23, 2020 at 8:45 am #426802Lash RendarFleet Member
- Real name: Jay
- Age: 37
- Location: USA (Central Time Zone)
- Characters: Lash Rendar@kazyulfar
- Previous fleets: None
- Why join the Mighty 44th? I started a Star Trek Online account back when the old Earth Spacedock layout and Memory Alpha were still locations in the game—not that it matters, since I played very little back then. I’ve increased my STO playing time while quarantining and decided to seek out a group to help improve my game a bit. Your “STO Beginner’s Guide” came up once when I started researching ways to improve, so I remembered the fleet name.
I prefer sticking to solo content so I can pause/drop a mission to do something else and it only adversely affects my own progress. I hate burdening a group. I wouldn’t be opposed to group play if missions are quick and peak efficiency isn’t required. I still have a lot to learn about this game.
Joining a fleet should also stop all of the blind fleet invites I get, which would be a nice bonus.
- Tell us about yourself: I work as a front-end developer. I’ve been a gamer my whole life, and also have years of MMO-experience. I’m an avid science fiction fan that ranks the holy trinity of ‘Star’ franchises–Stargate, Star Trek, and Star Wars–in that particular order. I’m also a fan of DC & Marvel Comics and their many adaptations on film and television. I’m a huge supporter of ice hockey and miss it dearly during this unprecedented freeze on team sports.
- Do you accept the rules and regulations? Yes
aka @kazyulfarMay 24, 2020 at 10:09 pm #426808PhoenixVice-Admiral
Before I get started with the standard welcome message, just wanted to say that you need not worry about skill level. We have members that literally started this week, and “veteran’s” here are happy to help new members at any level. We all started somewhere, and some of us still just play for fun and not DPS. Feel free to join our Discord to post any questions, without worrying about anyone judging you. Here at the 44th, we are all about enhancing enjoyment of the game for everyone. Now back to the regularly scheduled program…
Thanks for applying to the mighty 44th! You will receive your in-game invite next time you log in.
Join our 44th chat channel “44th-diplo” by typing the following into the chat window: /channel_join 44th-diplo.
This is used to communicate with our 44th Fleet, 44th Delta, 44th Gamma and our 44th Assault Squadron (KDF) – we don’t use the in-game fleet channel. We are four fleets acting as one.
As a new 44th Fleet Ensign, you will be stationed for 6 weeks in the 44th Delta Fleet (KDF’s go directly to our 44th Assault Sqn). For a promotion to Lieutenant and fleet store unlock, you just need to meet 2 requirements:
1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on our 44th forum at least once during the review period of 2 weeks (which starts today);
2) Must be in good standing with the fleet.
The fleet rank of Commander can be reached after 6 weeks, after which you can move up to 2 alts to 44th main fleet and/or 3 alts to 44th Delta. Additional alts may go to 44th Gamma as well. Promotion schedules can be viewed on our Trello board, with dates marked on the calendar.
Full access to the 44th forum has now been unlocked, feel free to look around. Please bookmark this forum to keep up with Fleet news, and see the most recent quarterly State of the Fleet to catch up.
We are on twitter and use Discord for voice (not a requirement, but recommended).
Need some help with STO? Check out our FAQ, starting ship builds and mechanics guide to help you on your way.
As a mature, no-drama fleet the 44th caters to casual and hard-core players, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in.
aka @phoenix#6622May 24, 2020 at 2:31 am #426811ShohomCommodore
Welcome aboard Jay!
We have an always ongoing discussion about how to improve/get gear on our discord channel. One of our members, Sukobi recently posted a spreadsheet on the forum listing good beginning gear and where to get them. You could check it out.
Feel free to ask any doubts you have, there will always be someone ready to help you out😇May 24, 2020 at 4:34 am #426813MarcaseAdmin
Hello Jay, Welcome aboard.
Any questions, always ask. But only during Andorian working hours 🙂
"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."May 25, 2020 at 5:32 pm #426846Lash RendarFleet Member
Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the invite to the fleet and look forward to playing alongside you all in the future. Since this marks my first time ever in a fleet, can someone clarify a few questions on the fleet store usage / donations / the fleet grind?
- I’m vaguely aware that there are ways to contribute to the fleet—which I would like to do, but I don’t know where or how to do that. Somewhere on the fleet base?
- I’m not clear on whether that’s a perpetual donation bucket to feed or whether that our fleet growth has already been maxed out and doesn’t need, say, some of the lower-level stuff. Does it matter?
- How does one earn fleet credits?
- I know there is a fleet store, which I see and understand there’s a waiting period for (I’m patient). Are there any other things I could (or should) be spending fleet currency on during this 6-week waiting period? Starship Trait #5, for example, going by Suko’s Starter Guide seems like a worthwhile investment as soon as I can get it. Or is this also locked down until six weeks of membership and good standing have been achieved?
- In general, how long does the grind take to achieve some of the flashier/fancier stuff like the [Console – Tactical – Vulnerability Exploiter Mk XV] that I see everywhere in my research for DPS improvements? Do I need to start grinding and saving up for that now while I am in the promotion waiting period, and if so, where’s the best place to start?
Thank you for your time.
- This reply was modified 3 days, 10 hours ago by Lash Rendar.
- This reply was modified 3 days, 10 hours ago by Lash Rendar. Reason: formatting
aka @kazyulfarMay 25, 2020 at 7:31 pm #426850MarcaseAdmin
Yup start saving 🙂
There is a TWO week probation period, afterwhich any and all fleet stores are open to you. Including access to fleet ships, Vulnerability locators, special doffs, boffs etc. The moment you accept the fleet invite you are a member of the fleet and all the fleet bonuses and boosts kick in, including an extra 500 dilithium refine bonus (fleet mine) and various extra dilithium mini-missions (10 secs at the Fleet Research Lab earns you 1,200 dilithium ore).
Once you are part of the 44th you will have access to the fleet overlay which lists various fleet projects – you can contribute duty officers, ec, dilithium and what not – in return you earn fleet credits. Fleet Marks you earn by simply playing missions (there’s a choice usually earning Fleet marks or Omega marks for example). Donating fleet marks to fleet projects earns you – you guessed it – fleet credits. It’s these fleet credits that buy you fleet ships and gear. There is a lot of in-game currency, but it all gets clear once you’ve seen it.
Just to point out – there is no requirement for you to donate; all donations are appreciated, but since we are already pretty much maxed out everywhere, donations are just there for you to earn Fleet credits. We don’t keep score, there is no minimum. This means you can just enjoy the game and the Fleet’s benefits without it becoming a second job. Fun foremost !
Me or any other admiral/commodore in the fleet are happy to give you a grand tour of all fleet holdings, just ask in 44th-diplo chat and/or fleet discord (see link top of this page under Resources).
Any questions, always ask 🙂
- This reply was modified 3 days, 8 hours ago by Marcase.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."May 26, 2020 at 12:36 am #426853ShohomCommodore
As to where you can find the fleet overlay, it’s icon is under the minimap, towards the right.
If and when you do decide to contribute, you can do so not only to the 44th fleets, but to any fleet in the armada. The higher fleets may have only a few projects open for contribution, but lower fleets usually have more.
As and when you start admiralty, pay attention to the Klingon campaign. It awards fleet dilithium which can only be contributed to fleet projects. This is a good way of contributing to the fleet without touching your own precious dilithium.
One last piece of advice, don’t rush into it. Take your time, decide what you want/need and plan accordingly.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.