= 5 Day bonus boosts =

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck = 5 Day bonus boosts =

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

So we can slot 5-day bonus boosts already KDF side, and soon (~5 days) Fed side.
    The boosts complete fast (30secs) and last for 5 days, but only one can be slotted/active each time.

[attachment=2:1hjwqf9i]boost cbt.JPG[/attachment:1hjwqf9i]

[attachment=1:1hjwqf9i]boost dili ore.JPG[/attachment:1hjwqf9i]

[attachment=0:1hjwqf9i]boost skill pt.JPG[/attachment:1hjwqf9i]

Requirements per boost:
    * 200,000 experience
    * 20,813 dilithium (Cbt/Ore) – 21,250 dilithium (xp boost)
    * 750,000 fleet credits
    * 250 fleet marks

The down-side is the needed 750,000 fleet credits; those are a lot of potential white doffs that could be bought from the fleet starbase(s) to fill projects. So make them count.^^
    I don’t foresee the xp, dili and marks required as an issue.

These boosts can potentially be slotted once every week, between Research Lab upgrades which themselves last 5 days average.
    We can focus on one boost in particular – say primarily xp for Delta – or just rotate them in each fleet.

Let’s hear it 44th; which boost do you prefer…?

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Jim44305
    Fleet Member

Looking over the three options I would vote for the combat bonus one. The dilithium bonus and skill point bonus ones just aren’t worth the cost. You only earn an additional 25 dilithium for every 1000 dilithium that you earn normally. So say I gather 100k dilithium in a week, I’d only gain an extra 2500 dilithium from the bonus. Considering the cost of the project I don’t see it as being worthwhile.

The bonus skill points is in the same boat. You only get 1% extra skill points. That’s such a small amount that it’s likely to not even be noticed.

The combat bonus project, however, is pretty generous. Given a fleet run of any stf means each participant would have bonus damage and survivability. A noticeable amount at that. Looks too good to pass up in my opinion.

defcon1776
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I have to agree. The combat bonus makes the others seem cheesy by comparison.

BAMFacus
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

combat…but 750k fleet credits!?

Jim44305
    Fleet Member

@BAMFacus wrote:

combat…but 750k fleet credits!?

No kidding. Good combat bonus but even so…that’s a lot of fleet credits. Will be hard to part with that many each week when most of us are saving up for the extra trait slots.

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Anyone knows if same requirements are for t2/t3 version of this boost? 750 x 2 if slotted on fed & kdf fleet so it will surely hurt now as we are saving for RL stores (700k FC for all new trait slots). Should we delay it until holding is upgraded?

I noticed “(minimum 1 bonus)” written next to Earn 2.5% Bonus Dilithium Ore. What does it mean?

Combat boost sounds good. My choice would be Dil if it was higher.

Blackout
    Fleet Member

Im pretty sure the damage bonus is a cat1 bonus (so about 1/4 of a tac console at tier 1)… None of the bonuses are really worth their cost at this time imo, so i’d just hold off until we’re done with the lab.

elvis441
    Fleet Member

Combat. Hands Down. But man.. 750k credits is steep. That would wipe out my personal stash completely. I’m saving for the trait and R&D slots but will still contribute.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

750K *is* steep, and I’m with Blackout that it’s better to hold off untill the whole T3 RL is complete; we’ll need the fleet credits to fill the T2-T3 Doff requirements for starters, nevermind the RL consoles and trait slots.

If we can spread it around some and if we’ll donate say 50K-75K each it shouldn’t be insurmountable (obviously the same goes for the other needed items).

Right now these boosts are more of a novelty than a true OP buff.

As combat has the most votes for now, we can slot 1 boost on either main, Delta or KDF, just as a test (and for kicks) and see if it’s all that it’s hyped up to be.

Yay or nay…?

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Someone on STO forum said it lasts only 20 hours, instead of 5 days. Few posts below, report of lasting 24 hours so it is bugged at the moment. Borticus replied they are investigating.

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Not worth it.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

That seals it; if it’s (still) bugged we’re not going to bother for now…

elvis441
    Fleet Member

I’d definitely be willing to contribute 50-75k but if its bugged my guess is that puts it on hold for now anyway.

@Utherkai
    Fleet Member

I’d vote for the combat boost too but they all seem a bit meh to me for the price anyway and as has been said already best wait until fixed. Good ol craptic :mrgreen:

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

i will help out however i can. just need to find the time. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.