= 44th, under new ownership =

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck = 44th, under new ownership =

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Greetings and salutations 44th !

As most of you know, I joined the 44th Fleet back in 2012, and in 2014 took over the leadership from Latinumbar. When I did I realized this was going to be quite a job, and I needed a wingman so both European and US timezones would be covered. Fellow veteran Sargon was willing and able to step up and together we’ve added a 44th Delta and 44th Gamma Fleet, created and expanded both a Fed and KDF Armada, and everyone worked together to build up and completed Fed and KDF Fleet starbases and many other fleet holdings in-game.

But I’m the most proud of the fact that we were joined by a large number of fellow fun-loving button-mashers who joined and stuck with us over a longer period, years even, which in the fast-moving gaming world is pretty unique. We migrated to a new website which we updated and kept relevant (thank you Palcioz!), added Twitter and received invaluable support (thank you Damix!), established Discord and added game mechanic guides (thank you Paradoxical!) plus support in various other ways helping run the fleet smoothly and drama-free. Because of this we are now one of the oldest active and well respected fleets in STO, period.

I would very much like to see the 44th Fleet continue down this path, but unfortunately I won’t be the one at the helm for that.
    Due to a tragic change in my family my priorities have shifted, from being able to log-on daily for long periods to a few minutes here and there, if at all. In fact I may be afk for longer periods from now.

Running a guild or fleet is easy, running a great fleet that is the 44th takes a bit more. So it’s time for me to pass the torch.
    I’ve always tried to steer us to a more egalitarian structure where hopefully everyone felt they had a piece of the 44th to call their own. It worked, but in the end there always has to be one person who keeps it all together, who is The Guy that people can turn to, and who has the ultimate say.

I’ve been asking around and one name kept creeping up. Unfortunately for you lot, JarJar Binks is a no go.
    So I had to bribe, lie and threaten to get someone else. Using generous amounts of Romulan Ale and Orion dancing girls I’m happy to announce that fellow veteran member Akula will take my place as the 44th’s fleet admiral.

Kidding aside, when asked, Akula’s name was first mentioned, and rightly so. He’s been active with the 44th since 2012 and is well respected all around. Both Sargon (who will remain Fleet Admiral) and I are confident that with your support he can continue the legacy of the 44th.

I will take a step back but will support the 44th and its new leadership, as long as that doesn’t interfere too much with me playing space Barbie – there are priorities. Basically I will be less in-game but still involved with the 44th, and if I should drop off the future of the 44th is now in good hands.

Congratulations, Fleet Admiral Akula !

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Veratisu
    Commodore

Gotta watch what I photoshop now XD.

In al seriousness, congrats Akula.

Congrats Akula!

Marcase, thanks for everything. I will always have a bottle of Romulan Ale waiting for you in my ready room.

God Speed my friend!

Phoenix
    Fleet Admiral
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Congratulations Akula!  I’m sure that you are up to the task and have been doing a great job!

Marcase, all the best to you and your family. I’d offer some romulan ale also, but someone drank my stock (looks around for someone to blame).

aka @phoenix#6622

Bazz
    Fleet Member

Sometimes life hands you not lemons but a handful of barbed wire with a live grenade hidden inside. There’s no way to make anything from that but a huge mess and a lot of pain.

Fortunately, there are often other things that can lessen the pain and many hands to help clear up the mess.

All the best, Marcase and I’m sure we’ll see you back at some point.

G’Luv
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Thank you Marcase for all you have done for the 44th and making it such a welcoming space. I am sorry to hear of your troubles and wish you the best as you work through them.

I hope to still see you on from time to time.

Also, congratulations and huge thanks to Akula for taking on your new role.

Connfire
    Fleet Member

Congratulations Akula, look forward to working with you!

Marcase, thank you for all you have done for the 44th. As we’ve always said, family comes first, and I sincerely hope you and your family are able to recover from the tragic change you mentioned.

aka @robofearth

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Fleet is in good hands, congrats Akula for your promotion! c:

Lynna
    Fleet Member

Congrats Akula on your promotion!

aka @tempestsage

Salahir
    Fleet Member

Congratulations Akula! We’ll probably see a lot more snowmen in the starbase now…

Marcase, thanks for everyting. For organizing the many fleet runs, contests and always giving solid advice. I wish you and your family all the best.

Anukis
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

You know when the corners of your mouth go down and up at the same time?

Thanks Marcase, for the gigglesome you-ness that infected the fleets whenever you were about and best wishes for the future, young fella… and lotly congrats and backslaps to Akula. All the best to you both.

aka @Nubia

Dr Neir
    Fleet Member

Congo-rats Akula!  I think you will do great!

Thank you Marcase for for your help and time you have put in, I know too well what toll it can take as Leader of a group for an online game! Enjoy the time off to play.

aka @dr_neir

Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Greetings 44th,

I would like to start off by thanking you all for the support you have shown me since Marcase made the announcement to take a step back from Star Trek Online.  I assure you all that I will not be renaming the fleet Akula’s 44th Space Shark Brigade or anything silly like that because that is something that Jar Jar Binks would do and let me say, you’re lucky you didn’t get that guy.

But seriously, I consider it a great honor to have been a part of the 44th Fleet since 2012.  To be in the leadership roll of a fleet with such a rich history and such a well established reputation as the 44th Fleet is something truly special and to be honest a bit daunting.  To say I have some big shoes to fill is truly an understatement.  I accept the responsibility that Marcase has placed upon me and I want everyone to know that I take it seriously.

I would like to echo the gratitude Marcase has shown to the command staff.  For maintaining the fleet website, I would like to thank Palcioz.  He truly is a miracle worker and look forward to working with him in the future.  I thank Paradoxical for his mechanical guides and in game shenanigans.  I thank Damix for his work on Twitter as well as his work on maintaining the fleet roster for many years now.  I also can’t forget to thank Marcase and Sargon, as they have been running the fleet longer than any one else in the history of the 44th.  I also don’t want to leave out Stompar, who is a wonderful build master and also pilot in game and in real life.  Sensei Krieger, who has a heart of gold and has helped out many players in game by showing them around the fleet holdings and also by showing the ropes in general.  And finally, Breakingforce, Phoenix and Veratisu for their help with the roster and slotting projects and of course memes.  I offer the biggest thanks to all members of the 44th Fleet for just being who you are.  The 44th Fleet is what it is because of all of you.

As far as the future of the 44th Fleet, I don’t plan to make many changes in the weeks and months to come.  There are a few new activities in the works, but to be perfectly clear, Marcase and I aren’t that different when it comes to our vision of the 44th Fleet.  I also feel an egalitarian structure is partly what has made the 44th so successful.  I also will not be changing the rules and regulations as I believe in them.  To put it as simply as I can, I support treating everyone equally and fairly while proving a stable gaming environment.  I suspect that we are all here to have fun, enjoy the game and be a part of a very special fleet and community that is the 44th Fleet.

Again, I thank all of you for your support.

Most Sincerely,
    Akula

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

TBjarnason
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019

Congratulations Arkula, very happy to have you at the helm of our amazing fleet.

Marcase, I just want to take a minute to say thank you for everything. Never in my life have I played a game with such great people, right from our leadership to casual and part time players. You have made this game something very special; not only to me but for everyone. If it wasn’t for the 44th, I wouldn’t be playing this game right now. You and the 44th fleet are the reason I sign in. I do not take what you have built for us for granted, and I trust no one else does either. We cherish our fleet and the role you played as our leader, and most importantly, our friend end equal.

I wish you all the best and hope to see around. Thanks again for everything.

-Tyler

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

Been quiet on the forum so I just wanted to stop in and bump up a thread. Not sure if everyone has seen this or not, so back to the top with it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.