44th Is Awesome & Is Full of Superstars

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck 44th Is Awesome & Is Full of Superstars

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Loki
    Fleet Member

Testimonial/Thank You/Why You Should Join Us

As a unicorn of gaming, the mythical female gamer, I was a bit nervous about joining the 44th. I read the fleet info ingame, I checked out the website; it seemed this was a group of players who I might like to join, so I applied to the fleet and was accepted.

Within days of joining I was overwhelmed by the generosity, knowledge and assistance of the fleet’s veteran members. Special mentions must be made: (in no particular order)

• Akula – for always being around and giggling like an idiot at the stupid stuff I post. Also for keeping me entertained with his “light switch” shenaningans
    • Stompy (aka Stompar) – another “light switch” to amuse me. Most of all for his patience and assistance in getting my ship build together
    • Para (aka Paradoxical) – for being the repository of all knowledge when it comes to ship gear & equipment. Your patience when dealing with noobs is amazing.
    • Marcase – I only have one word for you….WOW. You’re funny, helpful, patient, respectful, approachable. The 44th could not be in better hands.
    • Bob (aka InsaneDude) – always ready to help on missions and queue and hilarious to talk with
    • Balt (aka Balthazar) – for sharing my love of cat memes and the muppets
    • Bilrost – just cos you are purely awesome
    • Headwound – for his history lessons

I feel fortunate to call the 44th home.

For those of you who haven’t joined Discord, or are a bit nervous of voice chat; cast your doubts aside. The 44th is the most fun in game and voice chat that I’ve ever had in a long history of gaming.

In closing I would like to say “Thank You” to the everyone in the 44th. I look forward to the many hours we will spend together.

Loki - Inspired lunacy, est 1973

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Aw shucks, thanks Loki. *blushes*

You’re welcome ! We always strive to create and maintain a fun environment. STO is a game we all play to enjoy ourselves, and I’m pretty proud we have been virtually drama-free even way before I took over the reigns a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. This is not because of me of course, but mostly because all members new and old who have the same relaxed and fun attitude which in turn attracts kindred spirits.

The 44th has always been very, very fortunate to have an absolute dynamite backbone in the form of an “Admiralty Staff”, members who go above and beyond and unselfishly offer their own precious free time, patience and dedicate real-world skills to assist players, run our website, twitter and discord, recruite and organize events and in so doing help run our fleet; it is extremely rare to find such a terrific group – and keeping them around for years !

So In addition to your list, I have to mention Damix, Palcioz and Sargon as well, who are extremely active both in-game and out making sure everything runs smoothly. Knowing that all those listed can be counted on time and again is something I never take for granted.

As the saying goes, it takes a village to raise a kid, it takes an entire fleet to raise a village idiot-… err wait, that’s not it.

Lastly, Loki as much as I appreciate this, you still cannot turn our K13 Fleet Holding into a topless zero-g cat-only playground, period.

Carry on 🙂

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Veratisu
    Commodore

I 1000% agree with more people getting on discord

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Wahahahahaha!!!! 😀

jtuyajr
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

🙂

AWE, thanks Loki, we are glad you joined us as well! this has certainly been the best gaming experience of my life here in the 44th and glad it is that way for others!

aka Stompar

Discord is the future, and the future is here! 😀

Clare
    Fleet Member

I have to agree 100% with Loki here. I only joined a few days ago basically because the website made you sound awesome – and you are.

I always play solo in every game I play, I NEVER do any multiplayer activities as I like to be able to go at my own pace and always worry that I’ll get shouted at if I mess it up.

Well thanks to this awesome fleet I’m no longer a stf virgin 🙂 So seriously thank you to everyone.

I’m even getting a brand new headset for discord so I hope you have room for a bit more crazyness!

aka @chippa1902

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Yeah yeah, that’s what you guys always say. Hmm ?

But when it’s time to clean out the Targ pen at the KDF base or tidy up our Fed Embassy on New Romulus or dust down our fleet mine, everybody is suddenly ‘busy’ with Red Alerts and what not. Don’t think I’m not on to you – the windows at the starbase don’t clean themselves !

On a serious note, glad to have you all 🙂

Loki
    Fleet Member

I have to agree 100% with Loki here. I only joined a few days ago basically because the website made you sound awesome – and you are. I always play solo in every game I play, I NEVER do any multiplayer activities as I like to be able to go at my own pace and always worry that I’ll get shouted at if I mess it up. Well thanks to this awesome fleet I’m no longer a stf virgin  So seriously thank you to everyone. I’m even getting a brand new headset for discord so I hope you have room for a bit more crazyness!

I can relate to your comments on so many levels. Members and vets of the 44th continue to amaze me each day with their knowledge and patience. Can’t wait for you to be able to join in on Discord, we have a fantabulous laugh together.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Loki.

Loki - Inspired lunacy, est 1973

Veratisu
    Commodore

Yeah yeah, that’s what you guys always say. Hmm ? But when it’s time to clean out the Targ pen at the KDF base or tidy up our Fed Embassy on New Romulus or dust down our fleet mine, everybody is suddenly ‘busy’ with Red Alerts and what not. Don’t think I’m not on to you – the windows at the starbase don’t clean themselves !

I’m busy cleaning up the tribbles, clean your own targ pens XD

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.