44th ANZAC Service

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck 44th ANZAC Service

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Veratisu
    Commodore

In 1915, The Australian New Zealand Army Core Landed on the shores of Gallipoli with the objective of pushing into what is now known as turkey in order cut lines of communications and route enemy combatants. Ultimately the ANZACs would find themselves in a brutal to and fro with the ottomans, under equipped in a foreign land.

For over 10 months they stuck it out in trenches; along the way building a mythos that has come to be remembered as ANZAC Day. ANZAC Day is a day where we remember not just those that fought and died at Gallipoli, but all those who have served our country’s armed forces. Past, present and future. It is also commonly accepted to remember and celebrate the fallen from other nations.

With this in mind The 44th will be hosting an ANZAC service at Wolf 359, Star Treks own hallowed ground, to remember the real world fallen. All are invited to partake, and while participation isn’t mandatory, it is appreciated.

We will meet at Earth Space Dock on the 24th of April at 8pm UTC time. From there we will fly to Wolf 359 where we will have the reading of Flanders Fields and The Ode. This will be followed by the traditional minute of silence, to remember those that are gone.

I hope to see you there.

Veratisu

• This topic was modified 6 years ago by Veratisu.
    • This topic was modified 6 years ago by Veratisu.
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

After which we plan to host a ground PVE queue, “Breaking the planet” (youtube). This one can host between 5-20 players and involves taking and holding points on the map against Klingon ground forces.

We think it fits the spirit of this event. This queue is open to all, no experience required.

All that partake will also receive the remembrance ribbon. See you there !

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Stuart Pocock
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Hopefully I will be around 😀

aka @stu999man

Samantha
    Fleet Member

I’d love to, but that is 4am Perth time which is impossible for me 🙁

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Edit, unfortunately Breaking the Planet has been ‘fixed’, you now need again 20 members to trigger it (used to be a minimum of 5). We’ll find something else appropriate when the time comes.

Veratisu
    Commodore

Edit, unfortunately Breaking the Planet has been ‘fixed’, you now need again 20 members to trigger it (used to be a minimum of 5).

More incentive for more people to join us for the service. What other options do you think we have? I’m not familiar with ground runs but I’ll look into it a bit.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Well, the closest we can get to recreating the Anzac campaign is Kobali ground. And before everybody starts to sigh 😉, in a fleet team we will fly through it.

Need to check if we can do it with 5+.

Headwound
    Fleet Member

Hmmm, Tuesday @ 4pm.  Good reason to leave work early 8)

Where Knowledge is Power, Truth is Withheld.

Senseikrieger
    Commodore
    Team Player

Sounds Great to me.  I’ll be there.

Clare
    Fleet Member

I’ll be sure to report for duty for this.

aka @chippa1902

Veratisu
    Commodore

Thanks for everyones responses, I’m looking forward to seeing you all in solidarity at 359.

Veratisu
    Commodore

I have a question. Is anyone here capable of streaming the event? We’d like to do it and we’re trying to figure out who would be best for streaming. if anyone is interested please contact me.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Bumping, and re streaming, Rune/Caeliargestalt has offered to stream.

Veratisu
    Commodore

Great, then we are all set for the day. When I see rune next I’ll see if he’s up for a test stream. Nothing worse than tech issues on the day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.