= 2015, State of the Fleet =

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck = 2015, State of the Fleet =

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Greetings Captains!

Yes, it’s really Captains now, as you will see that most of you now hold Captain rank on the fleet roster. There was some annoyance among players – some who are in our fleet since it was founded five (!) years ago – who were still a ‘mere’ Commander, which just didn’t compute with the Fleet Admiral rank we have in-game. So all senior and veteran members are now of fleet Captain rank to bring a bit of balance and ‘canon’ to the game.

In time, the rank of Ensign will disappear from the 44th Fleet; that rank will ‘move’ to the 44th Strat Log Div. Once new members completed the 4wk trial and 50K donation, they will be promoted to the main 44th Fleet and automatically start at LT rank.

Added is the rank of Commodore; this fleet rank is for command staff that assist in running day2day operations, and/or have special jobs within our ever growing fleet.

To that end, we have two new Commodores in the fleet.
    For his valuable contributions to the fleet player base, Blackout has been promoted to the fleet rank of Commodore, in recognition of his continued support and advice on STO game-mechanics. Éven if a bit dated, his forum posts are still a definate ‘must read’, which is testament to their quality.
    It’s fair to say that most, if not all of us have benefitted from this, one way or the other (the ‘other’ being on the receiving end of his vaping disruptors. Ouch).

The other Commodore is Sensei_Krieger, one of our long-time members who has kindly offered to take on the role of Instructor, guiding new members and helping them settle in. Especially players new to MMO’s in general are often overwhelmed by the vastness of STO, and having a dedicated Instructor will be a great benefit.

An overview of the current 44th command structure;

= 44th Fleet =

Fleet AdmiralLatinumbar*
    Vice-Admirals – Sargon*, Marcase*
    Commodores – Grouchy, Sensei_Krieger (Instructor)

Latinumbar, Sargon and Marcase are the only admins with full access to our 44th forum and able to unlock it for new members, and have admin rights to our own teamspeak server.

Fleet Ambassador – Damix
    Fleet Top Guns – Commodore Blackout (TopDog), CPT Fatman (Starfighter)

There are a few additional Vice-Admirals (Zippy, Intrepid, Redshirt) who are however permanently afk from the game. They run our website and teamspeak server and as such will always be on the ‘command staff’, even if just virtual.

= 44th Assault Squadron =

High Chancellor – Latinumbar
    Vice-Admirals – Sargon, Marcase
    Commodore – Grouchy

= 44th Strategic Logistics Division =

Fleet Admiral – Sargon
    Vice-Admirals – Grouchy, Marcase
    Commodore – Damix

Our in-game 44th-diplo chat-channel has a very active player base -though that does depends on compatible timezones- and it’s one of our key attractions for new and old players alike.
    In contrast, our teamspeak channel is often empty with only a handfull of (silent) fleeties online, and I know that this has been a turn-off for some.

Teamspeak is a valuable tool when running joint STFs but due to the vastness and complexity of STO as an MMO teamspeak is sometimes an annoying disturbance when you’re playing an episode or talking to your family and others are running an intense STF – finding a balance will remain difficult.
    Teamspeak is a usefull and fun way to expand your STO experience; give it a try if you can, but it’s not a requirement.

We are three fleets, operating as one. It’s quite an organisation keeping track of it all and I’d like to thank everyone who’s stepping up in assisting with this and especially keeping it a fun fleet and not a massive behemoth with various (and utterly useless) ‘must attend’ meetings and other admin nonsense that’s invariably a fun-killer.

Thank you Latinumbar, Grouchy, Sargon, Damix and everyone in the mighty 44th.

Live long and game on, Captains.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

fatman592
    Fleet Member

Thank you command staff for managing, and growing the fleet. And congratulations to various fleet members for their promotions.

Could call this, 44th Fleet: The Next Generation, since Lat and the old guard have been away for so long.

And TS… I’m never on since I play on my laptop at home while family is around. And when I can be on it’s day time (10-4 EST) when no one else is on. It is what it is, I guess.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

KirksFavoriteSon
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Shaw here,

Thanks, Marcase, for all the ongoing work that you, Grouchy, and all our other valiants put into running the 44th.

As you suggest, the 44th has become something of a behemoth, and our success as a popular fleet seems to be our current ongoing challenge — how to keep it all fun, even as we grow faster than expected.

The changes look good all around, and I commend you, not only for your tireless efforts on behalf of the fleet, but for your dedication to keeping the 44th fun. As you say, those fleets with constant “admin meetings” and “required online time” just aren’t fun. It’s like having a second job, and I came here to play Star Trek. 🙂

So, thanks for recognizing and avoiding that trap.

Basically, Marcase, thanks for everything. It all looks good.

Shaw

aka @CobaltBlueHero

Senseikrieger
    Commodore
    Team Player

Hello Fleet,

I just want to thank the Command Staff for this promotion. I would like to say that I will do my best to uphold the honor of the 44th. Fleet.

To all Fleet Members I am not always really vocal on the chats. But I am usually around. You can always call on me if you need any help. I am always up for doing STF’s or anything else that you all want to you want to do.

defcon1776
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Acknowledged. Gratz to all.

Blackout
    Fleet Member

I’d just like to take a moment and thank Marcase and Sargon for their dedication and hard work in keeping this fleet going, and staying true to its atmosphere and character. Without their leadership and commitment, I’m sure that our fleet wouldn’t be in the shape that it’s in today.

I’d also like to thank the command staff for the great honour bestowed upon me – it’s always wonderful to be recognized for your contributions. Now, this has prompted me (now that I’ve had a chance to re-acclimatize to the post-DR world) to update my mechanics posts. It’ll take awhile, but it will get done.

It’s been great to play with this fleet, and I look forward to our collective adventures together!

Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Yuss! Finally made Captain! Exciting times ahead for the 44th! Thanks gents for all of your hard work in keeping the fleet in good working order. I’m not always available online due to work, but let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Most Sincerely,
    Akula

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

markus@bones1963
    Fleet Member

Hi all

I know I have only been here a short time – but in the past 6 weeks I have seen the active participation of members in the chat channel and had the opportunity to get help from the team with some of the newbie questions I have.

Great team and great command/behind the scenes team.

I am glad I joined the mighty 44TH.

Mark

aka @bones1963

horridperson
    Fleet Member

Congratulations to everyone promoted to command staff; Well earned and deserved. :).

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Huzzah!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.