Your Biggest STO Regret?

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Your Biggest STO Regret?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

i will start. i certainly have more than one. perhaps a new player can benefit from learning from my mistakes. i always have to learn the hard way. 🙂

number 1 ! i acutally updated the star cruiser to the fleet star cruiser totally wasting a fleet ship module 😯 . i tried everything to make this ship good. i tried various sets, weapsons, consoles, you name it and this ship is still a dud. avoid this ship like the plague.

number 2. i figure i played a minimum of 25 hours to get the reman set. i actually think the vault is a challenging mission and should be fun, but since so many players don’t know how to do it right it is just pure aggravation. don’t go thru the hell to get a reman set. it is just not that good. (yes i know i said i would quit whining about this)

Sabre
    Fleet Member

Just one great big regret…….that I didn’t take the time to learn everything about this game whilst I was leveling up. All I concentrated on was reaching vice admiral so I missed out on Doffs, STFs etc etc, you get the picture I’m sure.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

aka @sabreoneone

mrbruce1970
    Fleet Member

@Sabre wrote:

Just one great big regret…….that I didn’t take the time to learn everything about this game whilst I was leveling up. All I concentrated on was reaching vice admiral so I missed out on Doffs, STFs etc etc, you get the picture I’m sure.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

That’s essentially what I did too. Yet my biggest issue was that to level, I did 98% of my experience running Fleet actions. So in the end I missed out on 99.9% of the game and once I hit 50 the gents dragged me through STF’s and taught me what to do. Without the fleet I’d be even more clueless than I already am 🙂

BAMFacus
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

First off is not finding this fleet sooner. Ive began playing STO when it went f2p and I joined 4 months later.

Second is not playing any ground STFs…i’ve always been a ship guy and i just dont really care for ground.

Third is not creating a KDF character…just havent got around to it.

Blackout
    Fleet Member

My biggest regret is not giving Stewart, my main tac toon, the elusive trait.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

My biggest regret is not discovering the exchange early in the game.

I dabbled a bit at the lower ranks, but the money, dilithium and effort I could’ve saved if I knew you could get those certain key items (better shields/engines etc.) at rock bottom prices early even when you’re a lowly lieutenant…
    Only after reaching VAdm I took a serious look, and finally figured out how to make millions relatively easy (read: buying/selling keys and artifacts) which boosted my game.

Overall however, I’m pretty happy and impressed with the game in general. I’ve been playing on a laptop (which as you know have mediocre CPUs and GPUs) and it’s been a fun experience so far.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

madmike72
    Fleet Member

Definately quitting for the time that i did. My doff projects would be much farther along and I’d already have the 1000 day rewards. Other than that, not much to regret about pixels.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.