Victory Is Life Packs

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Victory Is Life Packs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Stuart Pocock
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

We all had a feeling that this was going to happen, what’s your thoughts everyone?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10881114

aka @stu999man

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

If I had the money for it I probably would’ve bought the big pack. However I think I will follow my usual path by buying separate pieces here and there over time. Titles and xp boosts and even uniforms are meh – the uniforms will also be sold separately usually.

It’s the ships I’m most interested in, and of course any unique  traits they may bring. That some of these ships are faction specific is another downside.

Generally speaking these massive packs give good discount value if you plan to play the game long and often. If you know what you’re after considering your own playstyle you can be more picky like me and just go for the starter pack.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Stuart Pocock
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I’m the same in regards to $$$, and right now looking at the ships no them really appeal to me in the slightest maybe they’ll grow on me over time

aka @stu999man

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

I’m going to buy the big pack on first day using zen, so I can create a vanguard jem’hadar.

Related to playable Cardassians..wish they make a c-store token so I can change race of my current character. I don’t see a point in creating 2 new characters with next expansion, but that is just me.

Looking forward to ship stats blog.

Dime_407
    Fleet Member

I have the Zen for it, though I’m certainly not going to shell out actual cash. I picked up lifetime, and that is enough for… well a lifetime for me.

Though this pack is surprisingly worth it’s value just on the ships. The T5 and Cardassian ships are account unlocks, but in an indirect fashion so are the Jem’Hadar ships. That “unlocks for the rest of the account once mastered line” doesn’t apply to the Ship Trait like would be reasonable to expect. Instead it applies to the ship; the devs are making this fact clear on both the forum and on Reddit. That makes six T6 multifaction unlocks and two T5 multifaction unlocks… plus two premium races, and one uniform. I’m buying this on Zen, but I am most certainly buying it because that is worth it on so many levels.

By the way, how much of a delay is there normally between the release of the expansion and when these things get put into the C-Store? I wasn’t paying close enough attention during Agents of Yesterday to notice if it was on release or not.

Harley
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I’ll probably spring for the starter pack.  I wonder if the pre-order price is a discount and I should do so now?

The big pack is a bit much.  If you actually want all that stuff it’s a good price, but I know I wouldn’t use half of it.

aka @SolarEagle

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Dime, packs will be in c-store from day 1 (15k zen probably). And well spotted, with t6 Dominion ships being cross-faction, value of this pack went up for me. I didn’t noticed it at first, guess I missed the “initially” part.

Cross82
    44th Fleet Oracle
    Team Player

I’m thinking of getting the big pack. Its a good deal plus it gives my KDF and Rom more ships to work with, for traits and cards. The new Jem ships look good and I know I can have fun with them and the new cardie ships look sexy! I’m not 100% sure i will make a cardie right way. Unless there are boffs and the outfit i don’t really see a point in making one. I’m sure the outfit will be from a lockbox or the lobi store.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Cross82.
    BreakingForce
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

i dunno how i feel, really.

background: i got the jem HEC from the lockbox for many many keys, and also the t5u jhdc for lobi, so 80-90 boxes worth of lobi.  so if i got the hec within those 90 boxes, then i’ve spent at least $90 just on the two of those.  and now they’re being turned into c-store ships.  i kinda feel like they should do something for me and those like me, but know they’re well within their rights to not do so. it just feels a bit…uncool, if you get me.  also, i don’t even know what i want them to do.  refund me 90 keys on my purchase of the pack? i mean, that’d be nice.  let me pick some other t5u lockbox and lobi ships to replace them? yeah, maybe.

otherwise, i dunno. i might pick it up at some point. will have to see how my finances line up with it’s availability 😀

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Value of big pack went up – they added two new ships (price remained the same):
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10896344-two-new-ships-join-the-gamma-vanguard-pack%21

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

Was never a huge DS9 fan, but I’m really looking forward to Victory is Life and the big pack. I’m with Damix on a c-store token to change race.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Sargon.
    G’Luv
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Looking forward to the expansion and plan to buy the big pack also. I purchased some zen when they ran the 20% discount and have been waiting for the expansion.

I also got the “Elite Starter Pack”. Even though I have a Lifetime Sub and the inventory slots were enough to be manageable, it is really a big QOL improvement to get all those extra bank, inventory, and shared account bank slots for all my characters.

I don’t think I will make a Cardassian right away unless they get some must-have trait. Since starting playing in November I already have put 3 characters through all the quests, and now a 4th with the Delta recruit. One more new character will be plenty for me for a while.

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral

I have played many years. I’m pretty sure after thinking about it starting 2 new toons is too much. To keep from burning out I may use all new Cardie & JH ships only on my JH character. Like G’Luv I can wait to see if there is a reason to start a Cardie.

My best advice in this game is to not to burn out and have fun.

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral

I have played many years. I’m pretty sure after thinking about it starting 2 new toons is too much. To keep from burning out I may use all new Cardie & JH ships only on my JH character. Like G’Luv I can wait to see if there is a reason to start a Cardie.

My best advice in this game is to not to burn out and have fun.

Cross82
    44th Fleet Oracle
    Team Player

The only reason to make a cardie is bc you like them. They aint gonna get an event like making a JM char is going to get or start at level 60. I don’t have to many chars so I’m safe in making both :p

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.