Vaadwaur Emitters

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Vaadwaur Emitters

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lhivera
    Fleet Member

Sargon was wondering what they looked like. Hard to get a good screenshot because they move pretty quickly, but this is the general idea. Three separate emitters firing.

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

thx for the post…..they are not really expensive so i’m sure I will give them a try. 🙂

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

I just bought a few out of curiousity; only single and dual cannons, DBBs and turrets listed so far (granted I didn’t look very hard) and after trying them out I’m very underwhelmed – the proc/damage they do is sub-par to say the least (against NPCs).

But they look and sound nice 🙂

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

I want to see that weapon on B:FaW! : )

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

tried a set of polaron emitters (beams) ….I was kind of disappointed….will try them again later to see if I feel the same about them

Lhivera
    Fleet Member

I’ve loaded up my Sheshar with six of the emitters (plus a wise-angle quantum torp and a rapid-fire missile) for some broadsidey goodness. Yeah, not optimal, but it looks pretty great and is a lot of fun.

The missile launcher is kind of an experiment. The rate of fire is very high (2 sec reload), and it triggers projectile officers. Rough estimate is that it should increase the rate of fire of the wide-angle quantum by about 60% with a single projectile doff. And as it has the same targeting arc, they can both fire full-time. We’ll see how it works out. I may wind up replacing it with another emitter.

Lhivera
    Fleet Member

Regarding the related discussion some of us had in-game the other day about shield hardness, and the fact that nobody really knows for sure exactly what it is: Geko confirmed for me on Twitter last night that shield hardness is indeed resistance. Not certain of exact mechanics. E.g., does 10% hardness multiply damage to shields by 0.9, or divide it by 1.1? He didn’t answer that, but said he may go into the math on an upcoming podcast. (I realize this may all seem unimportant given that NPC shields are not a significant concern, but I figure deobfuscating mechanics is always good.)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.