Unable to run STO currently

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Unable to run STO currently

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I was trying to solve some other game issues, and did a clean re-install to 64bit Windows 10. In the process I found some bad ram which I replaced. Additionally, I found my GPU was exhibiting some memory issues as well so I have sent that in for RMA… back to using my old Sapphire ‘HD’4830 but no matter what I try STO just crashes on load. Finishes patching/validating, get to the Cryptic screen and boom every single time. Have tried various command line options as well as safe mode but no help. If y’all have any other thoughts on what to try who knows it might help. Not optimistic that getting my newer card back would even help. Sigh.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Wow, that sucks canal water. My first (and only) suggestion would’ve been patching/validating, force verify usually solves it. Could be an issue with the new patch, switching from DX10 to DX11. I’ll ask around…

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Jim44305
    Fleet Member

I logged in when the server was back up. Got in and went to check out the graphics options and redo all of my settings. Everything was working well until I turned on lighting 2.0. I immediately had a ctd and it would freeze on the loading screen every time I tried restarting. Force verify and safe mode didn’t help. Tried uninstalling and am in the process of reinstalling now.

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I don’t have the new patch yet, but will give it some more trials when I get home. Mental note to not turn on lighting 2.0…

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Got updated to current last night but no help with anything I’ve tried so far. I guess I could always try a support ticket.

Captain Huckabee
    Fleet Member

Anyone having issues with text not showing in game?  I log in and it only shows the character models and the game UI layouts.  I’m currently force verifying in hopes this clears it up.

Captain Huckabee
    Fleet Member

Ok, see the thread now that is posted on this.

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Anyone having issues with text not showing in game?

Shaw talked about it in this topic, hope it works for you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.