Tier 6 ships

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Tier 6 ships

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Stats of all t6 ships have been released (1, 2). Which ones do you plan to get? Are you buying a Delta pack?

I’m looking forward to Guardian cruiser because of the look and lt.science boff seat that I like really much. (Sorry Fleet Ambassador, you are going to garage..I know I promised you will be t5u but things have changed, maybe one day..)

Dauntless class will have Secondary deflector according to that blog so it got my attention.

Mat’ha has interesting Universal console – Heavy Disruptor Spinal Cannons. + 5-2 weapon + 5 tac console slots = we have a real beast over here.

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

i was really thinking about getting the DR pack, but i do have a STO budget, which i try to adhere to.

i don’t buy extra ship slots, so to get a new ship, one has to go, at least on my main Sargon. also, a ship module will be needed to upgrade T6 ships to fleet, which is more resources. i have been saving my stipend to get ready for this, but it is looking expensive.

i have been reducing the number of ships i run to help me reduce cost and grinding time.

imho, the pack would be the best value for someone that plays multiple alts. i have been playing my fed sci and kdf rom lately. it is really challenging to keep 3 going. i use to do 4 and don’t know how i managed.

right now i am thinking i will get the DR pack and perhaps, just have all my alts go T6 basically.

still time to think about it.

Jalification
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Going just for the Guardian probably, looking also at the other intel cruiser because I like the slot layout on that + manouverbility.

I currently have 5? characters but I notice I enjoy more if I just focus on 1 character, not trying to grind at all and just enjoy the overal experiance. It is a mistake I made last time and made me ragequit. I wouldn’t mind to take a specific route even if it takes me 10x longer.

Campy2
    Fleet Member

I am liking the stats and designs on the Guardian and the Mat’ha .

I am just not sure I can reconcile the cost of the entire pack with liking only 2 of the offered ships and assorted goodies. I’m still undecided…blah.

fatman592
    Fleet Member

The “New Galaxy”, “New Defiant”, “New T’varo” and and “New Raptor” are solid, the rest are kind of too niche. I’d imagine only people that bought the DR Pack will be spotted in a ship like the Scryer.

And sadly the Dauntless will be seen everywhere at first but will likely become the a FotM ship, to be drydocked for the Winter Event ship. What were they thinking with that Boff layout?

As it stands, I’ll probably get none of these ships and just get a couple lobi/lockbox ships. All these ships are just more of the same with new gimmicks.

My optimal T6 ship (which I’d actually be exited to get):

Cmdr Uni, LtCmdr Uni, Lt Tac, Lt Eng, Lt Sci.
    2/4/4 Console
    15 Turn
    4/3 Weapons
    Can load cannons
    2 Device
    35k base hull (scales with level)
    1.15 Shield mod

That’s the ship I want, screw gimmicky Intel abilities, just give me a purebred ship that could do it all. Make it cross faction and I’d pay 10k Zen.

But then again, I’m not the target consumer, just a min-maxer that likes to PvP sometimes. And I haven’t found any desire to log in since the gear upgrade announcement. That announcement just killed my enthusiasm, since the barrier for entry just became stupidly high (gold gear or gtfo)…

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Sabre
    Fleet Member

Like others have said, the guardian appeals to me as I’m a BFAW spammer. However I’ll wait until I can get my hands on a fleet version as that will hopefully have 4 tac consoles instead of 3….hopefully.

aka @sabreoneone

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

“…since the barrier for entry just became stupidly high (gold gear or gtfo)…”

I’ve heard that a lot now and I still consider that a sales pitch from Cryptic; it’s true for the average “weekend warrior” player perhaps, but surely the veterans out there (the guys who pay a bit more attention) can still stomp any Super Elite Level mission with T-5/T-5U ship builds. A ship is only a third of the equation, it’s Ship-Kit-Captain that really makes the difference. An regular Fleet Avenger with “gold” weapons and consoles and unique Doff support can no doubt pwnroflstomp anything the Delta Quadrant has to offer.

Plus the “you NEED gold stuff!” comments are usually pointing to Delta Rising queue’s; ISE and KASE etc will still be perfectly doable with ‘mere’ T-5 builds in the future.

So I’m planning to get the T-6 “stealth” Intel cruiser or the Dauntless, the Guardian, the Rom Aelahl warbird and the KDF Mat’Ha raptor. Four or five ships total, still not sure if that’s worth the total pack – which I eventually may just buy, but then I’d have nothing to play/grind for. Having it all is a luxury I can afford, but for me that will (again) turn STO into a grind-fest I really have no interest in.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Fatman, seen the Plesh Brek ? 😀 http://sto.gamepedia.com/Breen_Plesh_Brek_Heavy_Raider

CDR Tac, LCDR Uni, 2x LT Uni, Ens Uni…

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

fatman592
    Fleet Member

I was talking about PvP, not PvE. I bet we’d be able to get “New” Elite optionals with all white gear in T4 ships (once they get out the NPC nerf bat and we get tactics down).

But PvP, gold gear in a T6 ship will be an absolute requirement. PvP is an arms race, and costs were just set to ludicrous speed.

And the Plesh Brek is a squishy hunk of junk. Though yes, on face value it’s close to the layout I want.

So the answer to the OP would be that I’ll stick with auto-upgraded T5U for the forseeable future. I’ll probably log in October 14th, level up my main, do Delta Rep, sponsor my alts, be done with all of X2 content by the beginning of December and not log in again until Season 10.

Unless they actually made challenging AI for Elite queues. But comments thus far just suggest more HP and one shot kills. Meh.

I’m rather uncharitable today… sorry.

Edit – I feel I need to say something nice about X2: The Guardian is pretty much the perfect cruiser, certainly a great buy imo.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Jalification
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7007273

Looks intresting enough, gives me a bigger reason to focus just on 1 captain.

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

@fatman592 wrote:

But then again, I’m not the target consumer, just a min-maxer that likes to PvP sometimes. And I haven’t found any desire to log in since the gear upgrade announcement. That announcement just killed my enthusiasm, since the barrier for entry just became stupidly high (gold gear or gtfo)…

This may have big impact on PvP, only time will tell. For PvE it won’t be that important as there isn’t any competition between team members and any lower quality gear will be good enough to get all the new optionals.

@Jalification wrote:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7007273

Looks interesting enough, gives me a bigger reason to focus just on 1 captain.

It is always good when they add more options to improve our captains and give us option to specialize them in certain areas – I have a feel of progress as it will add some flavor to the usual gameplay – my captain will actually gain experience, not just those xp points that don’t do anything. I don’t want to bother myself with its impact on PvP as I don’t pvp too much. I also like the idea where we get dilithium after we completed specializations.

bebakerus
    Fleet Member

In the short term I am probably not going to jump into a T6 ship. The Guardian is nice and I can see that being a fun ship. But is it better than upgrading my FACR to T5U? Or my Tac Oddy? Right now I don’t think so. as for the Intel ships I am going to wait and see but again not right away. The Dauntless simply is not my cup of tea. Quite frankly I find it ugly and stats or no stats that makes it not worth my zen right now.

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Here interesting review of t6 ships based on their stats. Good comments were made but special consoles were not included into final score as actual gameplay is needed for that. Check it out.

@bebakerus wrote:

In the short term I am probably not going to jump into a T6 ship. The Guardian is nice and I can see that being a fun ship. But is it better than upgrading my FACR to T5U? Or my Tac Oddy?

Advantage of all t6 ships is that they have 13 boff seats while t5 or t5u ships have 12 boff seats. There is probably little % of higher hull too. So if you don’t count this, most important is that you feel good while flying ships you like and that you’re having fun. Sometimes min/maxing ruins that.

Jalification
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

@Damix wrote:

Here interesting review of t6 ships based on their stats. Good comments were made but special consoles were not included into final score as actual gameplay is needed for that. Check it out.

@bebakerus wrote:

In the short term I am probably not going to jump into a T6 ship. The Guardian is nice and I can see that being a fun ship. But is it better than upgrading my FACR to T5U? Or my Tac Oddy?

Advantage of all t6 ships is that they have 13 boff seats while t5 or t5u ships have 12 boff seats. There is probably little % of higher hull too. So if you don’t count this, most important is that you feel good while flying ships you like and that you’re having fun. Sometimes min/maxing ruins that.

hi5

walkah01
    Fleet Member

Looking forward to the Cruiser. Wonder if I could put the saucer sep and Anti matter spread on it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.