Teamspeak

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Teamspeak

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    odin6868
    Fleet Member

Can anyone tell me if this fleet has a teamspeak channel :mrgreen:

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Not anymore, although there was some discussion about a mumble server but I haven’t looked into it seriously. The main “issue” is that STO lends itself to people just doing there own thing and its hard to have a conversation in that context. In the STF’s that we run, it just isn’t needed. /shrug

Paradoxical
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

indeed, and if voice communication is needed, the in game voice chat is usually sufficent.

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Now that I’ve never used LOL.

Paradoxical
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

it’s decent. Best thing is, when you use it your character in game moves their mouth as if it is talking.

Cross82
    44th Fleet Oracle
    Team Player

curse and discord are free to use, for both user and setting up a server

I was thinking of this the other day. Had a fleet member ask me on Steam if the armada had a Voice server. I even tried using Discord and a couple of other free voice programs but never could get anyone to hop on and join. Would be pretty cool if we could get an armada voice chat going but that’s just a suggestion.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Hi epicrelativity, nice to see the Armada chiming in (you have ambassador status now),

It’s like Codewarrior said, with so much going on in STO, and having more than 5 players online it gets crowded and distracting pretty fast. We used to have a very active teamspeak but we had to constantly move folks to various lobby’s as some were doing ground STFs, others were doing space queues and others again were just playing episodes trying to listen to NPCs. Now add the Klingon faction and it went from “Hey guys, let’s go do this,” to “WHA?! I CANNA HEAR IT SAR !”
    It’s the expansive nature of STO as an MMO compared to other MMOs, perhaps. Now if we were a small fleet of about a dozen it would be manageable.

Having said all this, we’re always on the look-out for workable solutions and with the return of many 44th veterans, if there is enough interest we might restart a Teamspeak-type of service once again.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Paradoxical
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

as long as we lay some ground rules and set up lobbies for various activities, I don’t see why a fleet the size of our can’t utilize a voice server. If we do decide to make one, I volunteer to moderate/run it if needed.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

If there’s enough interest, sure, we can roll with it.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Paradoxical
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

I’ll work on setting it up in anticipation of interest. After work, of course.

Ander
    Fleet Member

I see Resto’s already created a discord server (good job!), but I wanted to go ahead and “officially” express my interest in a voice server.

Washburn
    Fleet Member

im certainly interested. as i had said before, I have been away a long time and never had a chance to learn everything. Im just flying around aimlessly right now.I need a tutorial from someone. Maybe skype or something? I dunno but i need helps

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.