= State of the Fleet, May 2015 (#2) =

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck = State of the Fleet, May 2015 (#2) =

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Greetings 44th,

It’s that time again when your Fleet Command Staff recaps last months activities.
    First, a welcome to our newest members who joined this May:

Sentinel011 from Illinois, USA
    Ales27 from Slovenia
    Escapist87 (Daron) from Bonn, Germany
    DemosSema (barcharcraz) from Michigan, USA
    Kenweth from Pennsylvania, USA
    Scotiano (Slagg) from British Columbia, Canada
    SColyo from Ontario, Canada
    Icedearthling (Stormeagle) from Slovenia
    Nikolausso from Berlin, Germany
    Maywynd1288 (CaptRedbeard) from Arkansas, USA
    FleetOfThrone from Canada

Say hi and throw a friend invite to them (or any other 44th fleetie you missed) when they are in-channel, so we can find eachother across our three fleets and can boldly go bashing Borg to bits together – STO is an MMO and the warm sparkly glow of phasers and disruptors is always best enjoyed in a team. 😉

Speaking of that, we noticed that a lot of you are still pretty much playing STO solo; that’s perfectly alright, but keep in mind that many missions / episodes can be shared with other players.
    If you’re leveling up to 60 shout out on our diplo-channel and ask a fleet-mate to join you. Especially when you’re leveling another alt and have to re-do certain long-winded missions (Nimbus), having one or more fleet-mates sharing that grind does speed things up and is more fun, if only to experiment with ambushes and test weapons and traits etc. So post in channel and if you see a call for a mission replay, help a fleetie out.

One other thing that keeps popping up is the “I’m not good enough (yet)” that some of you are still too worried about.
    This is your fleet, this is the place / guild that provides you that safe environment where you are allowed to screw up so you can learn to steamroll STFs or other missions later.
    Do. Not. Be. Afraid. Joining. Fleet runs.

We all had to start from scratch once and embarrasments and mistakes were made by everyone. Learn from your fellow fleeties and do not be intimidated by any perceived lack of DPS. Basically anyone can get to 10K DPS with just a little effort and without breaking the bank, and 10K is more than enough to play on Advanced level. For PVE on Normal you can get by with what drops as rewards in game.
    STO can be notoriously unforgiving with its many options and it often makes the game unnecessarily complicated. There is a huge amount of knowledge available in the 44th to help you avoid common mistakes and it will make the game more fun – which is afterall the “end game” goal here.
    Browse this forum and/or post your questions and builds, and constructive advice will warp you way.

Our resident “Top Dog”, Commodore Blackout, brought up the topic of fleet contributions and its linked Lieutenant promotion / fleet store unlock. After a very brief discussion Command Staff decided unanimously to half the trial period from 4 to 2 weeks and drop the 50,000 fleet credits requirement on the leaderboard.

Reasoning is that this rule is dated now and we have ample fleet provisions in the main 44th Fleet and KDF 44th Assault Squadron.
    But buy your Fleet Elite items from the well stocked main 44th Fleet as we’re still building up Delta Fleet; a transfer from Delta to Main only takes a moment.

This rule will apply first week of June and will be retroactively applied to all (new) members; so if you are in your 3rd trial week you will be promoted to LT asap.
    The only ‘new’ rule is that you are active during this shortened 2 week “tour”. Follow up promotions to Commander and Captain will still have 4 week intervals and the usual ‘good standing’ rule applies.

Admiral Sargon has recently gone through the list of dormant players again, and some 1 year AFK-ers have been removed with the option to be fully reinstated once they return – if one of your dormant alts has been accidentally removed let us know and it will be reinvited and its rank restored.

On the STO front, there’s a new featured episode coming soon (featuring Nog), and lead designer Al “Geko” Riviera mentioned even a few more on the horizon.
    We’re especially looking forward to the ‘fleet love’ he promised with some new features / improvements for maxed out fleets like your 44th – we’re still waiting Al !

Also the Summer Event will go live pretty soon with a new ‘free’ (Tier 6?) Ferengi Nandi warship. Make sure you turn in your Lohlunat pearls if you had any left – they give some nice universal Tech Upgrades and other boosts, so it’s not a total loss.
    I expect that even with the new Lohlunat tokens it will be doable to get that event ship, so if you’re new to the Summer Event you can pretty much earn that ship if you can log on to STO 4 times a week to get a few dailies. Have to wait for the official blog to come out for details.

Regarding this 44th forum; the “Search for Soolin” contest and its tech upgrade rewards will make a regular come-back, aiming for a new one each weekend. We’ll also take a look and update the list for the best missions to earn your daily reputation marks, dilithium and ec since it is a bit dated now after the sector revamp.

On a private note, due to a family matter I’ll be off-line for a while. I may jump into the game for a short run but that’ll be it. I’ll be checking this forum regularly on my mobile.
    A big thank you to Sargon, Blackout and Damix for stepping up and filling in.

STO Podcast to follow – http://priorityonepodcast.com/
    Star Trek Youtube monthly – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIw690VGt70
    Follow our Twitter – https://twitter.com/44thFleet (thx Damix :))

Have questions, comments, suggestions? Don’t hesitate and shout out!

Your 44th Command Staff;

Admiral Sargon
    Admiral Marcase
    Commodore Blackout
    Ambassador Damix

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

fatman592
    Fleet Member

@Marcase wrote:

We all had to start from scratch once and embarrasments and mistakes were made by everyone. Learn from your fellow fleeties and do not be intimidated by any perceived lack of DPS. Basically anyone can get to 10K DPS with just a little effort and without breaking the bank, and 10K is more than enough to play on Advanced level. For PVE on Normal you can get by with what drops as rewards in game.
    STO can be notoriously unforgiving with its many options and it often makes the game unnecessarily complicated. There is a huge amount of knowledge available in the 44th to help you avoid common mistakes and it will make the game more fun – which is afterall the “end game” goal here.
    Browse this forum and/or post your questions and builds, and constructive advice will warp you way.

Quoted for truth.

DPS is just a tool, not an absolute requirement. Man the first build I posted was a mess of misconceptions. Blackout and Marcase both taught me a lot. Knowledge is the greatest resource a fleet can provide.

I like the change with the fleet requirements, we do have tons of provisions to spare. Hopefully we’ll see an August update with a new fleet holding (pretty please). And maybe some streamlining of things, like the promised skill tree revamp.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Slagg
    Fleet Member

Welcome to the fleet everyone.

Lhivera
    Fleet Member

I hope to join more fleet runs in the future — everyone really is very friendly and forgiving when things go wrong! Been dealing with some stuff at home, in the form of caregiver stress; family member is going through a very difficult meds change, and it’s taking a toll. I tend to avoid social stuff at such times. Fingers crossed that it’ll improve soon and I’ll be able to get more involved.

Loce
    Fleet Member

Welcome to the fleet 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.