= State of the Fleet, (late) Nov. 2015 =

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck = State of the Fleet, (late) Nov. 2015 =

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Greetings 44th,

After all the hoopla, a late State of the Fleet as a quick November recap.

First and foremost, once again a big thanks to Intrepid who took time off from his study to spend a lot of time getting our website back up, boldly going where no Man has gone before – except for that hacker responsible for exploiting a dormant Java applet…
    But the leak is plugged now and armed Red Shirts placed near vulnerable areas to prevent future incidents.

Our 44th fleet forum is working again, but some options are still unavailable, including the ‘sign up’ option for new members. This means we cannot welcome candidates via this website just yet as they cannot fill a proper application form and thus are locked out of the ‘fleet only’ part of our forum, which of course is where we keep the good stuff.

In fact during the down-time we had quite a few new players interested in joining but without further contact they went elsewhere. So October/November was a really slow period where we welcomed only a handfull of new fleeties.
    Stuff happens.

For now, if there is someone interested in joining the Mighty 44th, point them to our website and have them read the rules (“18+, don’t be a dick”) and if they agree have them pm any of the Command Staff; we’ll do a quick background check for any fleet/forum ‘bad’ history and invite them.
    Please, do not throw out random fleet invites.

Edit: the sign-up option of this website works again, so new applicants can follow the standard procedure once again.

Thanks to Defcon, we have a sweet new personnel management system running in the background which handles careers in the fleet, so promotions etc will continue as normal.

With all the recent new content, you’d easily forget we also run two fleet Armadas; our Fed side is filled and humming along but there have been some changes KDF side.
    A thank you to Damix for keeping it updated.

We had a KDF fleet in a Beta position which decided to start their very own Armada, and one of our Gamma fleets took advantage and elevated to Beta. Congrats to both!
    This means we have a few Gamma positions free for new KDF fleets.
    If you know a rowdy KDF outfit that would be interested in joining us for some roasted Targ with Bloodwine on occasion, contact your friendly neighbourhood Command Staff and we’ll check them out and send the Armada invite. The only two rules we have is that they’re a reasonable active guild and are fleet level 20-25 minimum (this so we won’t be stuck with an inactive group). We have an Armada topic on our website that is public you can point to, though unfortunately potential armada fleet ambassadors can’t sign up on our site for now either.

Activities are slowly picking up again, (Soolin is as lost as ever) and we might be restarting events like friendly PvP, a roleplay story and theme runs (Alt ground STF runs for Borg accolades etc) since our forum is back up, but we’re slowly approaching the Winter Event – no word yet at this time but it usually goes live first week of december and runs till mid January.

And I know many of you are tired of running Mirror Event over and over (and over) so perhaps it’s time to cool down on events and spend some time actually playing and enjoying (!) the new missions and featured episodes. If however you have an idea for an event, or need help getting a specific accolade, do let us know and we will get it organized.

Untill next time,

Carry on 44th.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

thanks Marcase for the update

Captain Huckabee
    Fleet Member

Are there any thoughts on setting up a new website? I’m not sure if this site has cost, but it seems like it’s been a headache with the repair to it.

I’ve personally messed around with Enjin. It’s got a pretty easy interface to setup something nice, downside is the monthly cost.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

There are costs, and the last hack attack was a downer, but besides that one incident, we’ve been up and running for years now.
    We’re working on a possible alternate/back-up – lot’s of goings on behind the curtain 😎

Intrepid
    Vice-Admiral

The site itself costs $144.00 a year 😕

But it terms of using something else, it does need security updates which I don’t necessarily have time for within the next 6 months (but I do have them on my agenda within the next year)

With that said, I feel like a strong recruiting point is this website. Its unique, its advertisement free, and we have full control over all aspects of it so we can add/remove things that we need.

fatman592
    Fleet Member

@Intrepid wrote:

The site itself costs $144.00 a year 😕

But it terms of using something else, it does need security updates which I don’t necessarily have time for within the next 6 months (but I do have them on my agenda within the next year)

With that said, I feel like a strong recruiting point is this website. Its unique, its advertisement free, and we have full control over all aspects of it so we can add/remove things that we need.

Could we add a ‘donate button’? Something linked to a PayPal account which helps pay for the site. I’d be happy to chip in, whether or not such a button was feasible or prudent (in regards to the latest site downtime).

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

There is a paypal account, you can use the button on the home (first) page.

fatman592
    Fleet Member

@Marcase wrote:

There is a paypal account, you can use the button on the home (first) page.

Heh, in what 3 years I’ve never noticed that, would have chipped in sooner. Learn something new, amirite 😆

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.