= State of the Fleet, June 2016 =

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck = State of the Fleet, June 2016 =

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Greetings 44th,

TL:DR
    – Summer is here!
    – Thanks Intrepid!
    – Looking for a new website admin!
    – Buy lockbox-keys here!
    – Fleet is doing fine.

As usual before I go to the monthly fleet review, please join me in welcoming our newest members;

Nathan Gire@cl0815 (Candy) from Plauen, Germany
    @jlbflix (Jacob) (provisional)
    @captainnemojr (Adam) from Texas, US
    @alexc356 (Alex), US (PST)
    @gh05tst0rm (Chris) from Washington State, US

I’ve also noticed a few veterans lurking and taking a peak at STO again (yes, I know who you are:D), and I hope we’ll see more of you soon.

[attachment=1:2ep7eqie]Defcon’s Andorian Hemp Cooperative, May 2016.JPG[/attachment:2ep7eqie]

As I mentioned, summer is here, and with that comes the usual dip in fleet activity – it’s the usual cycle but that also means we will see renewed STO interest spurred by the coming Summer Event on Risa soon.
    I for one look fwd to that as it’s a nice break from the grinding and pew-pew.
    Check it out, Space Barbie, (new) boards and bikinis, what’s not to like :).

Fleet wise, the Mighty 44th’s Delta Fleet is about to finish the Tier 3 Fleet Mine, and the rest of Delta is progressing slow but steady. As Delta is mainly an Alt and recruitement fleet, I’m quite happy with its progress, especially since our fully completed and maxed 44th Main and KDF fleets also have projects filling at a steady rate. Well done captains!

On fleet projects, we are interested to hear from you, if you want more, less or more specific projects available. As an aside, remember that you can donate to Main and Delta fleet projects via the Armada tab to other Armada Fleet projects.

Speaking of, we have a Fed Gamma position available. I like to keep that open untill Agents of Yesterday goes live (late July) – many new Fed TOS toons will be created, and old and new fleets will be looking for an Armada position, giving us a better choice over the current rogue and dormant fleets still roaming out there.

By now the whole Armada thing is almost a year old and it has turned out to be a bit of a “meh”: nice to have, not need to have. It basically turned into a pool for fleet projects you can donate to.

Speaking of donations. We have a terrific website and forum, which remains an active and great recruitement tool, source for advice/information and serious and not-so-serious discussions.
    However running this site and the unique startrek.44thfleet.com domain is not free – overall cost is US$150 a year.

We have never asked or demanded any real money donations, and we never will.
    Voluntary paypal donations have always been appreciated, if quite low.

All this time, all the cost, upkeep and trouble-shooting have been shouldered by one person: Yumes Li aka Intrepid.
    We can’t thank him enough for this huge contribution in time, money and many-many late-night emergency codings. Intrepid is now moving to a new position at the Ohio State University (congrats!), and the time has come to pass these responsibilities to someone else.

That means the Mighty 44th is looking for a new website manager or someone well-qualified who can update the outdated coding on our integrative website which uses Joomla 1.5 and PHPBB forums. Migration from joomla 1.5 to joomla 3 doesn’t require any actual coding but playing with databases, backups, moving things, etc. So someone with Joomla migration experience would be perfect.
    Let us know if you are interested or know someone reliable who would be. We will offer some sort of reward for any assistance. Obviously, we would like to keep this in the fleet.

Donations wise, Damix suggested a way that might be a win-win for us all.
    What we’re looking at is a system where you can earn unique items, for example your zen keys, from the fleet. If you make a website paypal donation of say 3 dollars/euros you receive 3 or 4 lockbox keys as a Thank You. We’re looking at micro-transactions at first. Obviously 10 dollar/euro donations would grant more extras, but we are not looking for major money donations, in part to keep it affordable for everyone and because it’s preferable to have 10 small donations on a steady basis instead of relying on one big one(s) which may or may not drop.

In STO, minimum zen buys are at 500 iirc, so this way you can buy/earn just a few items a time if that’s more to your liking.
    Some other bonus items or perks may be offered as well. We do have to look at the legality etc.
    We will get back on this soon.

And just for the record, this is not a scam as there will be no Ferengis involved (that we know of). 🙂

On that, you may or may not have noticed an increase in chat spammers/goldsellers in the channels. Needless to say to NEVER EVER fall for them. Right click and report-as-spam and they’ll be added to your ignore list and dealt with. If you’ve been playing STO for a year or more now it’s a good idea to change your password, no matter if you’re using ARC, STEAM or the basic launcher.
    The usual online precautions.

Just to inform our newest members, Sargon runs the North American timezones of the 44th, and I oversee the Euro timezones. There is some overlap and that’s when we’re most active. I did notice an overall dip in fleet chat, which is part of the summer dip I mentioned earlier. Not calling for chat-spam but send out friend invites to new (and current) members and say “Hi-Qap’la-Jolan’Tru” if you see them log on. We’re all busy and interaction is not needed, but a friendly wave goes a long way.
    Besides the usual queues you can join up for many episodes so if you’re leveling a toon, shout out for a wingman: it’s always good fun to seek out new life and new civilizations and blow it up in a team.

[attachment=0:2ep7eqie]fire at will.jpg[/attachment:2ep7eqie]

Want to win lockbox keys ? A new Search for Soolin will be posted here soon.

Upcoming events:
    Bonus Marks Weekend June 16-20th
    Lohlunat Summer Festival June 10th-July 21st

Links of interest;
    Podcast – PriorityOne interview with Executive Producer Steve Ricossa, aka Salami Inferno
    Reddit – Borticus explaines STO’s lag.

Carry on Captains ! See you, out there.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

If this were FB I’d press the “like” button. As always, very informative and entertaining to read sir!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.