= State of the Fleet, July 2015 =

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck = State of the Fleet, July 2015 =

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Greetings 44th,

It’s the first weekend of the month, so it’s time for our monthly fleet review.

First ofcourse a welcome to our newest members that joined last June;

atobo from Spain
    dhm1 from Tennessee, USA
    xshdwbladex (Jaylbayt) from Arizona, USA
    beppe1985 from the UK
    walkabout42 from Scotland, UK
    epicninja2 (ninjastar) from Oklahoma, USA

Say hi and send them a friend invite ! On fleet interactions, I was asked so I’ll repost here – if you happen to see a fleet member on your map you don’t have to interact, just send a wave/salute/whatever_emote as a courtesy and you can carry on; we don’t have elaborate protocols that dictate you have to salute, dance, do push-ups or what not. A simple emote in your chat-bar announcing that a fleet member has seen you run by or do the zombie-thing at the exchange is enough. The 44th is larger than you think, so represent 😉

As expected around this time (seasonal dip), 44th fleet game activity has dropped somewhat due to summer. I know some of you are enjoying a deserved summer holiday or are actually working your tribbles off; good times to all and we’ll see you when we see you.
    No worries, remember you only get kicked after 12 months afk with the option to return with full rank.

I’m very pleased by the new Riddles from Q from Damix and Fatman’s new ouch-my-eyes ship/flag color contest. Good fun, give it a go – the rewards are worth it. And don’t forget to give Sovereign47s RP thread a read.
    We may also start a fleet costume contest soon, so time to get creative – Space Barbie Time!
    If you have an idea for another fun contest, post it.

Exciting things on the horizon fleet! Besides a steady stream of Featured Episodes and the running Summer Event it was announced yesterday that Season 10.5 is coming.
    This will include a number of new game features including a new Krenim Fleet holding which will offer new Doffs, new fleet consoles and especially a fifth ship trait slot – yes, this is a very good thing. Our Fleet projects will be streamlined and focused on this new Temporal Krenim holding when it goes live, at the very least on 44th main and KDF.
    Start collecting resources and your free doffs from the Academy and store them in your mail for future use. Use an actual mail terminal to attach items and send the mail to yourself, the mail and atachments will be stored as if it’s a secondary bank.

And it’s Star Trek Armada time ! Not the game that’s collecting dust on my shelf somewhere, but an actual armada where we’ll be forming alliances with smaller fleets to earn/exchange fleet marks and dilithium. Full details will be released in the coming weeks but it looks profitable for both large fleets (like us) and smaller ones. We’ll be on the look-out for possible candidates.
    Our official fleet ambassador Damix is already hard at work and has contacted Federation Science Directorate and European Space Agencies, both lower tier Federation fleets that will benefit from an alliance with the mighty 44th.

I know some of you still have an alt in empty/dead fleets, so maybe we can rejuvenate those. Still all too early to make major decisions, but this Armada can solve a lot of gripes we’ve had when the fleet system was introduced regarding filling projects with dilithium and marks. It will certainly make it easier for you to earn more fleet marks on maxed out fleets like our 44th.

Not quite your concern, but your Command Staff is very, very pleased that the dodgy fleet member admin system will get a total overhaul as well. Thank you Q.

Around this time most of you should get your Summer Event Nandi ship, and as far as ‘free’Event ships go, it’s a pretty good one as you can use it as a freighter/mini-base with all the amenitities on its bridge. Full inventory while in space? Simply swap ships to your Nandi and use the bridge bank/mail/exchange to get rid of your stuff, then switch back. Takes minutes instead of having to visit starbases. Usefull.

The event has been extended by a day till the 17th, but even if you can’t earn your 1,000 Vouchers in-time, you can still get 40 marks-of-choice for doing the daily fly-by – very usefull for finishing that obscure reputation. Recommended.

The 44th strength has always been that we’re a loose fleet where we allow each and every player to do their own thing. We don’t believe in ‘must attends’ and weekly reporting or nitpicking on fleet contributions.

However, I do want to encourage you all to get more active with fleet runs; they really are more fun with a crowd and can help you improve your overall game-play. We are the 44th and we allow snafu’s and screw ups in fleet-runs as we believe that’s the way we learn. Don’t be apprehensive joining when a call goes out for an STF, ground run or episode re-play. Even when you ‘hate’ ground missions you might find they’re actually quite fun (and fast!) running with a fleet team.
    Doing Defera ground for example will earn you mucho fleet marks and 3 BNPs in 15 mins or less, just by standing around and looking pretty :).

Live long and grind on 44th.

And to our American captains, a happy 4th of July.
    [attachment=0:1qzftdsl]july4th.jpg[/attachment:1qzftdsl]

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.