= State of the Fleet, February 2016 =

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck = State of the Fleet, February 2016 =

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Greetings and salutations 44th !

First weekend of the new month, so a quick Fleet review of the Mighty 44th.
    As usual, a welcome to our newest members;

@Kathaz (Jemmy) from Virginia, US
    @Krisclarky728 (Kris) from the UK
    @Thundercatvob (Florin) from Northamptonshire, UK
    @Balthazar5425 (Balthazar) from the UK
    @nonamehere1234/Reddin (Steve) from the UK
    @Voss6 (Martin) from Prague, Czech Republic
    @Karlobjelis (Karlo) from Croatia

There’s also been a clean-up where a number of inactive players have been removed from our roster due to +1 year afk; you can find a list elsewhere on this forum.
    If you have an Fed alt you don’t use much (or actually DO use much), consider moving it Delta side. As you see above, We continue to welcome new members and eventually they will move to main – we’re always growing.
    [attachment=0:3n5gui3e]Thanks Defcon.JPG[/attachment:3n5gui3e]
    Our three fleets are in excellent shape, and that’s no exaggeration. Our main Fed and KDF fleets are pretty much maxed out with bulging provisions so there is enough exotic kit for everyone. Our Delta fleet is also moving along nicely at its own pace; originally starting as our reserve it’s becoming more and more a full-blown maxed out force all by itself.
    Our Armada is maxed out as well, though interaction with the various fleets has dropped; cross-donations are still on-going but player interaction is just a handfull. KDF Armada btw had some movements, and there’s still one spot open. If you know of an interested KDF fleet looking for an Armada, contact Damix or myself and we’ll get the ball rolling.

Some disturbing news; Lhivera brought to our attention that Mac support for STO will be dropped, and it seems any Mac client purchases will be reimbursed as zen, to be used in other Cryptic games only. Considering the low % of Mac users, Cryptic can’t/won’t invest in extra OS support (STO tablet Gateway anyone?).

Some better news; right now we’re in the middle of the Anniversary grinding for particles, and doing the daily you can win a new shiny boat. Besides that, you should be grinding for these particles regardless as the Omega Upgrades are not just juicy, but drippin’ wet goodness.
    There is an Upgrade Weekend coming up Feb 11th-15th practically made for these so you can upgrade your kit to Epic Mk XIV with little if any further investment (no dili, yay). Any extra Omega Fragments should net you a nice ec profit on the exchange as well.
    Win-win, so get cracking.

Interesting discussion with SilverSera recently, who noted that Herald Dual Cannons are actually more powerfull than antiproton Dual Heavy Cannons. The new traits, Doffs, skills and consoles that have been added to the game lately have tilted the favor towards these exotic weapons – again only if you have a specific cannon build and all the unique bells and whistles required.
    However generally speaking, regular antiproton is still THE flavor to go for if you’re chasing the DPS Dragon.

Fatman‘s PVP event “Beat the Last Starfighter” was good fun, with a good turn-out. In fact, we’re going to expand that and organize a Star Trek Canon (not cannon) PVP Event, where we aim to recreate ‘classic’ Trek battles. We’ll balance that with veterans and probably some equalizing rules on both sides so if you’re new to PvP the bar is set low. Remember we’re about fun, not stats (well, not that much anyway) and there are always nice prizes to win just for turning up.

Edit; Fatman just brought to my attention that Kemocite has been nerfed with some folks only parsing 1K-3K. That’s a nerf in anyones book. We will look into this…

Damix‘s fleet screenshot event has closed as well, and winners will be picked soon and the chosen pictures will replace the dated ones on this forum’s home page. First impressions count, and our fine forum (thank you Intrepid) is still our calling card.

Bonus XP weekend coming up Feb 18-22, so if you’re leveling an alt keep an eye out for that period, as it does help speeding it up.

As usual; questions, comments, lame jokes or music suggestions, post on this forum and get it out to the rest of the fleet to enjoy / facepalm over. Untill then,

See you, out there.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Jim44305
    Fleet Member

There’s been no confirmation yet from Cryptic as to whether the “nerf” to kemocite was intentional or not. It’s of course entirely possible for it to be intended (while keeping the change out of the patch notes), but as we’ve seen numerous times before it’s equally possible that Cryptic broke one thing while trying to fix another. If that’s the case we could see it restored. At the very least I hope that they will revisit it to tune it up a bit. That said, it isn’t useless. I still have it slotted on a couple of builds simply because I seem to end up with one pesky ensign tactical slot leftover after slotting all of my other abilities. So, instead of putting in something that’s not going to benefit me I slot kemocite. It does still debuff. Even if at present it’s damage is greatly reduced. Better than nothing in that case.

Jim44305
    Fleet Member

Just got done watching a live stream where they were discussing the change to kemocite. Borticus was in the chat and stated that he knew nothing about changes to kemocite in the last patch and said he’d look into it. Something else he mentioned was that we all know that many times when something gets changed like that and isn’t shown in patch notes that it’s often a bug. So this raises my hopes that kemocite will get set right again. Fingers crossed.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

I was royally annoyed when I heard of this nerf/bug, considering the many-many millions I spend on it getting a copy (II/III) for all my alts, but especially because I advised others to do the same – that just plain sucked canal water and then some.

Thanks for the update. *crossing fingers* too.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Jim44305
    Fleet Member

Ok. So, Borticus has released an official statement regarding the changes to kemocite. It’s kind of a mixed bag. Still a kick in the shorts to all those that paid so much ec for one copy of klw1 that they could have bought a ship instead. Looks like it won’t be coming back as it was but it will be better than it is now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/44zszf/an_official_response_from_borticus_regarding/

fatman592
    Fleet Member

Yeah, I’m kind of irritated by this, but at the same time it was clearly broken (as Marcase can attest from being on the receiving end PvPing). Bort pretty much said it’s going to stay nerfed, just slightly less nerfed than it is now…

But I’ve had plenty of stuff nerfed and still put up decent numbers. Now I’m just hoping they fix the Paradox ship mastery trait. It currently has no shield penetration, so I’m getting less than 600 DPS in ISA and 800 in CCA. The number in the tooltip also doesn’t seem to change no matter where you are, so I don’t think PartGens or Aux power are properly scaling the ability. Around 6k is the base damage, it should be something like 12-15k based on what my Iso console scales to.

So yeah, my build is sort of nerfed right now. Probably could be doing over 50k if everything worked, or worked like it did. Guess they have to sell the next over powered thing soon.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.