StarTrek Beyond (Summer 2016)

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge The Oasis Recreation StarTrek Beyond (Summer 2016)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    srwafu
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1227600409?ref=tsm_1_fb_s_IMDb_Marketing&linkId=19570823

Seems VEEEEEEEEEERY action oriented – anyone else miss when trek movies had stories? 😉

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

One of my fav X-mas movies is still ST-II Wrath of Khan. And Empire Strikes Back ;).
    When my family is asleep I try to sneak away and try to watch either one, or both. Kind of an unofficial tradition of mine. I miss those classic December movies with a great story that is supported by great SFX, and not dominated by it.

I still expect ST Beyond to be a good movie, which I’ll go watch and enjoy, but will it be a ‘true’ Trek movie (whatever that is), one which I’ll re-watch every year like TWOK ? I suspect not.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Lhivera
    Fleet Member

It’s worth bearing in mind that this is a trailer made specifically to show in front of Star Wars audiences this weekend. It may well be that it’s put together from half an hour of action and ignores another ninety minutes of thoughtful story and dialogue.

But of course, it’s directed by a Fast and Furious directo, so I wouldn’t count on that.

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

It looks different compared to previous two episodes, probably because there is no into the darkness. Going in the direction of Guardians of the Galaxy with style and humour. New alien species are always welcomed. Good story is all I ask for.

Can we see playable “little guy” in sto? ^^

fatman592
    Fleet Member

Humor and fun is appreciated, especially for a more campy TOS setting. However, it looks awful. Why do we need a Sith-esque alien, bleh. Stop trying to fit my round peg Star Trek into your square peg Star Wars. Get off my lawn!!!

Alright, done venting. I’ll watch both and probably be at least momentarily entertained, but I’ll hate myself for it.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.