Starcraft-Trek (Samsar cruiser)

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Starcraft-Trek (Samsar cruiser)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Okay this is just me, but when I saw the first picture of the Samsar cruiser I couldn’t get it out of my head it looked familiar somehow. And then it hit me; it looks a bit like a Zerg Hydralisk from Starcraft, a game which I pounded the bejesus out of back in the day (yes, nerd gamer shining through here) 😀

[attachment=1:2qivp11j]Samsar.JPG[/attachment:2qivp11j]

[attachment=0:2qivp11j]hydralisk_2.jpg[/attachment:2qivp11j]

So far, for a free ship the stats look nice enough. As usual the console and T6 ship trait will probably be nice-to-have and be discarded for better choices after the new shine wears off, but considering it could have been worse. I might actually get some mileage out of this Samsar instead of turning it into a permanent hangar queen after unlocking (Obelisk carrier).

Still, for the 5-year anniversary I would’ve prefered a Fed (semi-canon) ship – or even better a KDF / Rom one since they really could use some more new T-6 ships.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

fatman592
    Fleet Member

The Samsar looks pretty solid. It’s another cruiser though, which makes me say, meh. I’ve never really like cruisers though. The closest thing to a cruiser that I ever flew for more than a week was the old Pancake.

Anyway, this would probably work best as an A2B, since Reciprocity only works for Tac and Intel powers. Or just adding a couple copies of a useful command power to an EPtX build would be solid.

For me, the look reminds me of boxy/aeronautical EA ships from B5. Also maybe something out of Freelancer. Looks pretty good overall though. Still, I’ll skip this freebie too.

Edit:

(Oh look, there’s the Aelahl too – the Whitestar)

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Marcase, great find! 🙂 Now I see it too, and want to see it spit that acid on NPCs! I was hooked on SC too.

I like the design of that ship.. Trait will be useful for my kdf and rom as they have only 2-3 ship traits.

Vindleth
    Fleet Member

Very nice looking ship… i never liked federation fork design…. im sucker for looks…. one would think that in space there is no need for aerodynamics, and simetrical look… what a silly koncept in my head.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.