So what is on everyone's pre-expansion plate?

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck So what is on everyone's pre-expansion plate?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dime_407
    Fleet Member

Expansion is on the horizon, and it’s time to take care of anything you’ve been “neglecting” on your existing characters before they become background noise to the cries of attention all the baby Jem’Hadar are going to be making. So what is everyone doing to make sure they are ready for the new content?

Me, I still have two characters who need to be taken through the Undine, Delta Rising, and Iconian story arcs. Fed Federation Tactical and KDF Romulan Science. That I’ll get started on once the Infinity Lockbox’s are released… because I have enough Discovery Lockboxs to make a Tardigrade weep.

I might finally get all my R&D schools maxed by then, which among other things means that I currently have two R&D slots free on each character for the first time in… ever. So I’m putting those to use finally actually crafting my Phoenix upgrades. I’m not certain if I’ll actually use them on the 19th, as I’m doing just fine in my hodgepodge mix of Rare to Ultra Rare gear, but none of it is MK XIV so it could be better. Also crafting a few Kits for my two Science characters.

I also decided to work on my Shuttles, making sure they’re ready to go in case Victory is Life has any shuttle content. Because nothing says DS9 like being stuck in the Gamma Quadrant in the middle of hostile territory with nothing but a runabout. Got three of my four characters rigged up; just waiting on the new Episode so I can see if it has a Plasma Space Set as a reward. Otherwise I’ll be going with the Romulan Singularity Harness. Using the current event to build up the Marks for that one.

And aside from all that… there’s just the future. Before the announcement for the expansion I converted ~3.7 dil into Zen, so I’m currently sitting on ~17,000 Zen, which will be enough to get the Victory is Life pack… which might be rather necessary since they haven’t answered questions on if Jem’Hadar can even use normal T6 ships or not. I’m planning on creating a KDF Jem’Hadar Tatical, and a Fed [something] Engineering… which will bring me up to two of each profession. Both of those will need at least 200 additional Duty Officer slots eventually to be manageable. And then there’s any DS9 related content that might be released to tempt me… which basically means my current characters better stay on the Dil refinement train. Otherwise… not much.

So what about you guys?

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Hi Dime !

Nice, I wish I had enough dili for zen, so I prob have to pull my wallet. Again.^^ But yeah been saving up on stuff.

It’s good advice for everyone to start looking for those consoles that are nice to have and are still cheap, since they will go up in price the closer we get to VIL. Things like the Plasmonic Leech, Secondary Shielding, Solar Gateway (ground) and ofcourse all the usual xp boosts – even if you don’t plan to use them yourself, you can bet you can make some ec selling them.

Same goes for kit modules, not just for your new JH character but also its Boffs. And obviously ship weapons (coalition disruptors) found on the exchange.

Re ships, the Devs sorta kinda hinted it will be similar to the Romulans; the new Jem Hadar might be able to use unique faction ships and lower tier Fed or KDF ships as well. Obviously it will be able to use Summer/Winter event ships. It all depends on how far they really go with VIL.

I also like to point out that this expansion is exactly that, an expansion to the game and not an immediate requirement. You don’t need Victory is Life to play or ‘complete’ the game. Those that missed or just skipped the previous ones can still enjoy everything STO has to offer, including Adv/Elite queues.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

I’ll probably pick some traits when upcoming infinity lock box lowers the prices on the exchange. Other than that, purchase of Expansion item pack is a must for me – apparently it will contain items for existing factions too.

Plan is to have my Jemmy allied with federation because of practical reasons – larger playerbase (kdf simulation anyone?). Probably an engineer because existing char with that profession that I have is neglected Delta Rising alt, and I never really played engs much.

Check p1 podcast with captain Geko (skip to minute 24 for the interview). Here is transcript from reddit:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.