[PS4] 44th Psi Fleet & Discord Fleet Chat

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck [PS4] 44th Psi Fleet & Discord Fleet Chat

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    @Jamesmaxwell
    Fleet Member

Hello Everyone,

For those who dont know yet, there has been a discussion within the fleet about a 44th Fleet on the STO Console editions, mainly the PS4. As such, the discussion was rather quick, simple and took no time to decide that it should be done!

Why? If you ask. Well, after I brought it up and the mention of there being No 44th Fleet on the Console edition, because of unfortunate, yet very good reasons, of starting all over and not having access to your Lifetime Subscription, if you have it, from your main PC account, EVEN if you link your STO Ps4 account with yout main LifeSub PC account. That is mainly the only major downside of it. Other downside, PS4 STO players, won’t be able to participate any known Fleet events that are done on the PC version, unless they have a PC account. Even then, transfering items and such between platforms is not possible eithet.

So now it leads to, Why again. Well, despite the obvious reasons why not wanting to, there are some, still very good reasons why it would be ‘nice’. Let me list them down for you.

1. The MAJOR thing about the STO PS4 edition. Is that you do NOT need PlayStation Plus to play STO on the PS4!! I read up on this, of course I cannot confirm it as I do have a year long PSN subscription for games I have that do need it, lol. But I absolutely believe this. Some PS4 games are capable of playing Online without a PSN account. Unfortunately, that is NOT the same with Xbox. Way Microsoft designed the console, you MUST have Xbox Live to access your own internet, for ANYTHING, including STO. Thus, it makes STO more favorable on the PS4, as it is STILL free, like the PC version. Yay!

2. Okay so, starting over is not entirely the best thing, because you have to go through the tutorial and the first ten…twenty missions of ‘yes i know, please let me skip this scene already, argh!’ stuff. But, like most players, you have the knowledge and know how to help those who dont know. Which can be beneficial and well, nostalgiac? Plus this gives you the challenge, without the lifetime sub, or other advantages, to claim some items that everyone buys for. We all know how to work the dilithium system, right? Do it right, get most of the stuff back and if anyone asks, you can proudly proclaim ‘I earned it. Through long, hard work. Oh you bought yours? I spent hours a day at dilithium mines to get mine. Did not spend a penny.’ Not to sound like a douche or anything, lol but if you went through all that work and got a ship someone paid out of their own pocket for, wouldnt you feel some right to brag a little? I would. Just a little, lol.

3. Right now I been told that there are Two who are interested, so I need two more to successfully create the 44th Psi Fleet. We will without a doubt follow the same command structure as the main 44th Fleet uses, maybe have a council staff of sorts for those who help create the fleet, and go from there. Structuring and building the fleet to the image of the mighty 44th. Now as stated, brand new, so that means there is going to be a lot of building, a lot of project contributing and much more. Which means we will earn a lot for our work and be able to get our hands on some really nice Fleet ships. Now, I dont want that to be the main goal of the Psi Fleet of course, but it would be nice…no?

4. I like to think that the more we work on this, the more we expand the 44th Fleet as a whole. And the more we do so, the more players we will be gaining for both PS4 and PC edition of the Fleet. Now what would happen to Xbox players? If they are willing to pay for Xbox Live to play STO…..thats their choice. Maybe there is a few here that will but just pointing out…its free still on the PS4 like the PC edition.”

So those are the reasons why it would be nice to play on the Ps4 edition. There are some minor bugs that the game has, those that will be pointed out later and as for own section on the boards, dont think that would be necessary as long as we remember that if we are speaking about the Psi Fleet at all or any discussions about the Ps4 Console STO, is to stamp [PS4] before or after the name of the topic as you see on this one.

Timezones, availability…those will be complicated on my end in order to create the Fleet if we get the Two more people for the Five people requirement, as my timezone is CST/Chicago or well, Minnesota im in, or HMT-6….but I work overnights at my job so my sleep schedule is more like, like im living in Europe. I sleep sometimes around 6am to 2-3pm, sometimes not till 9am till 5-6 pm, then im up. And sometimes, if I can, i will be online around 4-7/8pm, then maybe 11pm/midnight till 6/7am, if I do not have to work. If I do work, sometimes the shifts are 10pm to 4 am, then ill be online for a couple hours or so, but if its midnight to 6am, less likely to be online, so that complicates things just a bit.

Which is why I recommend Discord, a chatting program like Skype but more reliable and has an app version just as reliable. Plus Microsoft plans on doing something stupid with Skype and I just really dont care much for it anymore.

So i would recommend Discord, especiay the App if you have a phone or tablet, which would make chatting easier on the PS4 console, so no need for voice communication if that is not desirable and makes it easier to communicate than it does via STO Chat on the console, especially if you do not have the keyboard attachment to your controller like i do, which is still in the garage somewhere lol!!!

Plus after experimenting, i can set up a server group specifically for the 44th Psi Fleet and create channels for number of reasons like this:

Non Ingame channels

Psi Starbase Lounge/Risa Beach(Off Duty): basically, you still want to stay in touch, wanna know whats going on, while you are away and unable to get to the console. I will probably be in this most of the time when i am unable, to answer any questions any member has :)!

In game channels below

Lobby: Main place log into or main chat of the Fleet.

AFK Channel: If I can set it up right, you automatically go here or you can put yourself here if you are unavailable but are in game. May or may not have it but its an idea.

Team One (Two, Three, etc) Channels: For now will only have the Team One and Team Two Channels set up, this way if you are teamed up or there is more than one team and dont want to get confused, there is a separate channel for it. Until Fleet gets bigger there will only be two.

PvE Channel: Want to do some PvE actions? Come here and form a team for it. If its strictly PvE, stay here. If there is more than one team for PvE, use the Team Channels. May or may not have this, or used for discussions.

Armada Chat: If we get some Armadas and they like this concept of communication, then this will be useful. If not, may not have it but something as an idea in case we do need it.

Admiralty: probably a private channel between the admiralty/counsil for future projects, armada discussions or if a member happens to be baaaaaaad and needs to discuss what to do about it lol. Like if they have been trolling players, tsk tsk, then ya. But hopefully that never happens! 🙂

Fleet Suggestion Box!: Discord keeps records of chats and such, unless regularly deleted by a Server Moderator to keep it clean. (Maybe clean house once a week…month? I will figure that out later, maybe change it due to activity/number of members…i dont know) so if you have a suggestion, post it here and someone from the admiralty/counsil of the Psi Fleet will get back to you on that.

As for private discussions, those can be done outside of the Server group, as long as you have that persons Tag#0000 added in your contacts, me thinks.

I am also already lvl 45…46 in the game, so it wont be long until lvl 60. Then i can attempt to grind me some dilithium and such, hehe. Otherwise, yeah…I think that is it so far…

PS4 Fleeties! My PSN is Phoenix9933 which is the same in STO PS4, just with a @ in front, so add me when you can and then if you get discord, add Spike#7836 and we will try to schedule a time to get on together to create the fleet!! I will be setting up the 44th Psi Fleet server group on discord after this is posted and will create some logo for it unless someone is good at that stuff?

Questions? Suggestions? SHOOT! ……. On stun, though, please.

Edit: if you hit any of the chat alignments while on phone by mistake….ABORT ABORT ABORT!!! Ugh

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by @Jamesmaxwell.

Yup, I made this 😛

@Jamesmaxwell
    Fleet Member

Also, after editing it once, i cannot edit it again for some reason but if you see typos, my bad. Posting from my phone at work, LOL. Oooo boy.

Yup, I made this 😛

@Jamesmaxwell
    Fleet Member

Discord 44th Psi Fleet server group is set up. Changes will be made as we go, since we are just getting this PS4 Fleet going. So more like, Under Construction or more Work In Progress.

Again, Spike#7836 for Discord and I will add you to the Fleet immediately :). Goes for all 44th Fleet members too! Not just 44th Psi Fleet 🙂

Yup, I made this 😛

Paradoxical
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

The fleet has a discord server already.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Looks good, I will edit our Official STO forum recruitment post and this forum to include your Phoenix9933 contact for the PS4 fleet.

Haven’t checked yet, but did you set up a new Discord server or using channels in our current one here ? Thought using our current one was the plan (to have *some* interaction available) but I’m good with eiter. You’re in charge 🙂

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

@Jamesmaxwell
    Fleet Member

Didnt realize we had one. Goes to show how much I look, ha…well then…ill just hop over there instead! Ha

Maybe keep the one i made for a little bit or delete later.

Yup, I made this 😛

Paradoxical
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Let me or marcase know when you drop in so we can give you the correct role. I manage our server, so if you have any inputs let me know!

@Jamesmaxwell
    Fleet Member

Got some screenshots from the PS 4, though can’t figure out how to remove the hud lol. Eh? 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Yup, I made this 😛

@Jamesmaxwell
    Fleet Member

Trying to see if i can get some friends to come on around my time and create the fleet but it’s a slow process.

Even recruiting is a slow process.

Yup, I made this 😛

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Our fleetie @Bonkerzjim is also on PS4, not sure what his tag in PS4 is though. He’s part of an Armada, so you could reach out to him and see what’s what. Can pm him via this forum if needed.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

davidhensonUK
    Fleet Member

Jolan Tru mighty 44th. A Great idea, Ive been on PS4 since launch, and as STO PC is constantly trying to break my PC with crashes and such, I only really log into speak and say hi now and again ( and to see if updates fix STO). I am more than willing to Help anyone from the 44th who plays on Ps4, as Ive been apart of the 44th for quite a few years on PC. But I’m quite invested in STO Console with a Fleet known as Warriors of Honour with my mains and we are one of the premier Klingon Fleets on Console. We have just joined an Armada, that has been done in a different way, we have 3 main Fleets who are the Beta Fleets and we created a new Fleet Called the Ruling Council that is made up of the leaders of all three main fleets to govern the Amada equally as the Primary fleet. So Cant really help set up a PS4 Fleet. But like I said, I can help anyone out my PSN is ‘Bonkersjim’ and my mains are Roman Sanctis and Decado or Starbuck.  hope to see some people soon.

aka @Bonkerzjim

jtuyajr
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Well, I am now level 60 on PS4 and geared enough to start running advanced stfs there.   I have a fed 23c tac there in the krenim sci vessel.  So far, getting the 44th psi fleet running has not happened.  If it dosent happen soon, I will need to find a fleet to help me out! Hell I have 1k fleet marks already and I hit 60 this morning lol.

aka Stompar

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I don’t have a PS4 so…

@Jamesmaxwell
    Fleet Member

Sorry haven’t been around much, schedule at work has been pretty hectic lately. They had me doing both second and third shifts and i just end up sleeping more than anything or what time i got it is on trying to complete other things.

now I’m on overnights from now on, no more second shifts since we got some new people… Hopefully they last… But because my schedule is still different from anyone who is in the US, catching up to anyone would be complicated for me and for them because of the different schedules in sleep and work and such.

So I’ll say this. If anyone can get the 44th Psi Fleet running, whether it’s just people who are willing to help create it than actually join it, that’s fine and those who do can be the leaders or wait till you can get my sorry bum in there and assign me as leader, up to you guys really and truthfully.

But i still very much want to get this going, it has just not been the best the past few weeks or so.

Yup, I made this 😛

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.