Personal Endeavours – Coming Soon

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Personal Endeavours – Coming Soon

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Stuart Pocock
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10883364

(A brief overview from the link above)

A Captain level 60 or higher will now be able to unlock account-wide stat increases by completing daily tasks. Every day you will be given three Personal Endeavor tasks at, Easy, Medium and Hard difficulties, in addition to the current server-wide Endeavor. These tasks are shared account-wide and unique to every account.

Personal Endeavors were designed to give small objectives when you log on, but nothing so overwhelming that you weren’t able to do the other things you wanted to do in Star Trek Online. Examples of Personal Endeavors could be as simple as doing damage of a certain type, or going to a specific Battlezone to defeat a particular enemy.

This system will exist alongside the current Endeavor system, which will keep its own style of tasks. Where Personal Endeavors can be completed by an individual captain, server-wide Endeavors will be focused on multiplayer experiences that many Captains can enjoy together.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this?

aka @stu999man

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Not sure how long they will last, but if the current Endeavor is any indication these new ones should be easy enough to complete just playing the game without investing too much in them. So can be nice as long as they don’t take up too much time/effort away from regular game play.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

To tell the truth, I’m still waiting for game content that needs all these buffs, epic gear, specializations, etc. Hopefully that sector battlezone will be challenging enough to justify the need for a new perk/stat-buff.

Yeah, hopefully it won’t take too much time, similar like current endeavor.

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

They say they are supposed to be geared to not taking much time/deviation from whatever you want to do. The only trip I have with the current endeavors are those that just aren’t clear… play any mission from xxx arc (except not all of them award… you have to guess they are the longer ones and hope it pays out.) Not to mention the current endeavor rewards are really meh. These however promise evermore power creep. Why not?

Dime_407
    Fleet Member

Guild Wars 2 is my other MMO, so I’m a big fan of the account unlock part of the system. If I have any worries it is the uncertainty on how many skill points we can gain compared to how many skills there are to acquire, and if the two are unequal will they require retrain tokens like our current skill system. Answers to those unknowns could really spoil a net positive.

Cross82
    44th Fleet Oracle
    Team Player

it maybe easy to do but I have a feeling this is going to take alot of time to build up.

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

Not sure, but currently doing assignments, admiralty, r&d, to name a few. Personally, I would prefer actual content like STFs over daily grind.

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

btw. official blog about Personal Endeavor was taken down. It will not go live with Victory of Life:

Comment
    byu/STOBot from discussion
    insto

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.