OMG…Dilithium refining.

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck OMG…Dilithium refining.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Delsaran Daro
    Fleet Member
    1. So I’m pretty sure I know the answer but I just had to ask.  I now have so much unrefined dilithium it will take me over 40 days to refine it all and more coming as it gets dumped on me by the special event.  Is there any way around the 8000 a day limit..?  What a bizarre limitation.  I know they want us to spend real loot on Zen but what the heck…what a PITA.

Daro

aka @talyn#3391

Crypto 136
    Fleet Member

Bro I don’t know why you posted this 11 times to main deck

(aka @piett777)

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

8k cap is per character so if you make an alt, you could continue collecting dil there..so that it doesn’t pile up on your main. I usually claim 25k dil event reward on my alt, for example. Note that you can refine additional 500 dil at the fleet dilithium mine (talk with the reman npc), not very helpful, but that options exists.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

You can refine an additional (mere) 500 at the fleet mine, but that’s about it. It is one of the reasons we run multiple alts just to be able to refine more per day.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Delsaran Daro
    Fleet Member

Kinda figured that would be the answer.  And that additional 500…yeah I’ve done that twice and stopped bothering.  It lets you refine an additional 500 dilithium and the requirements are 500 dilithium?  Sounds like it’s a way for the game to drain an additional 500 a day without giving anything in return…why would one bother?  Evidently I’m missing something here?  But, yeah…for 500 a day…hardly even seems worth the click through.

Thanks for answering what I anticipated being kind of a dumb question.

>[:^{]

Daro

PS.  Also, if that post showed up multiple times my apologies.  I was on my phone doing that and it didn’t look like it was submitting.  I made extra damn sure by pressing it like a rat trying to get a food pellet…   🙂

aka @talyn#3391

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Thanks for answering what I anticipated being kind of a dumb question.

We don’t have dumb questions in this fleet, only happy questions 😉

Delsaran Daro
    Fleet Member

Marcase,

I appreciate your sentiments.  Nevertheless I am aware of how elementary some of my questions are.

Damix, sorry I didn’t catch your reply before I hit send.  Your time is much appreciated; thank you.

And Crypto didn’t catch yours either but as I said, I was on my phone and it didn’t look like it was posting.  I can’t think of another reason why anyone would send up the same post so many times but thanks for pointing it out.

Daro

aka @talyn#3391

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Nah, STO is overwhelming regarding mechanics and data: it’s one of those MMOs that is definitely NOT a plug-and-play keyboard masher. An enormous amount of info is not obvious in this game and that will make your online pew-pew uneccesarily difficult unless you have access to both the online STOWiki *and* a guild – thankfully you have both so never hesitate to fire off questions/comments/bad puns in this (your!) fleet.

Any question asked will always add to the collective database which can then be assimilated by all.

Resistance is futile 🙂

Glongorr
    Fleet Member

This is a good question and one that over my time as a player of STO I came to the self realization of the type of player I am happiest at being.

I started the game with my TOS Tellarite as my main and exclusive toon.  All the time playing the one toon resulted in building up a pile unrefined dilithium and that bothered me.  I felt I had to get it all refined.  So… I started up alternates. Got up to six

But as I played the alternates, I missed playing my main. As I played story arcs and events, I kept saying to myself I wish I was doing it with my main. I figured I was doing this because the pile of growing unrefined dilithium was bothering me.  It turned out to not be a good enough reason for me.  After all, STO is supposed to be fun

End result, I cut down the alts and play them for only specific things and put most of my time on my main.  Now my main’s unrefined dilithium is piling up and probably no chance it will ever get refined unless I take a long break from STO.  It does not bother me at all now. Let it pile up.  I just want to spend my time on the character I enjoy most.

For those who enjoy multiple alts and doing the grind- great!  It is so important to play how you enjoy.  There are so many ways you can enjoy STO

I came to the realization putting most of my time on one character is how I enjoy the game.  Unrefined dilithium piling up does not deter that.

So my advice is to not worry about it. Figure out how you enjoy the game most and just do it. Do not let things like unrefined dilithium bother you or deter how you want to enjoy the game.

aka @diocletian284#8701

Delsaran Daro
    Fleet Member

Glongorr…and everyone…

Thank you all…as always.

Daro

aka @talyn#3391

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.