No Win Scenario To-Be-Deleted

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck No Win Scenario To-Be-Deleted

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Title. Suggest officers organize some fleet runs of NWSN while we still have it, with preference for players in the SLD since they need the fleet marks.

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I haven’t run since DR but the main problem prior was getting people to actually bring appropriate ships and builds to successfully complete it. It’s odd they are taking it out now?

Anonymous

Not saying this is a popular idea of Cryptic’s, but it is what’s happening on Tribble.

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

No Win Scenario

The No Win Scenario, both Starfleet and Klingon versions, has been removed from the PvE queue list. With the increase in maximum player level from 50 to 60, we no longer feel this queue is accomplishing its job of providing an intense escalating challenge where players really have to struggle to advance to the later waves. We do have plans to revisit this queue in the near future and rebuild it so it can continue to live up to its name.

by Pwgroverclvlnd

Anonymous

Nobody cares? Or you all have enough confidence in Cryptic (hah!) to take them at their word about the promised remake?

Fine. It’s not on my side of the content fence anyway. Just thought you’d all like the heads up.

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

They have strict politics about giving info of future content. It was mentioned by devs that they don’t want to speak about future content and their plans too soon, just in case they won’t managed to finish what they started. That is why we see info/blogs about season releases/content only when they are sure they will produce it in time. They learned from their mistakes when players were raging on forums and in-game when content and ideas were promised but weren’t delivered (ex Executive Producer Daniel Stahl for example). That is why I believe they would never clearly say that they will revisit this queue in the near future if they really don’t mean it.

But thanks for bringing it here on forum. I use beams and those are my only weapon type I upgraded. For NWS, in order to destroy those armored torpedoes – cannons are needed as those are more effective. Other reason is that I would need to either have extra boffs just for NWS or retrain my current boffs, which I’m lazy to do as I’d need to get them to previous setup for other PvE missions. I was very motivated in doing it until I finally managed to beat it, so I’d like to see a revamp so I can put it on my list again. 🙂

fatman592
    Fleet Member

@AzureAlliance wrote:

Nobody cares? Or you all have enough confidence in Cryptic (hah!) to take them at their word about the promised remake?

Fine. It’s not on my side of the content fence anyway. Just thought you’d all like the heads up.

Most people have the accolade and there are better sources of fleet marks. They’re getting rid of many Romulan missions too. Deletion of content is the new norm. They want us playing when and where they can show metrics.

I don’t think anyone who had played for more than a few months would think they’d ever bring it back. Here’s a new shiny, the Samara (5th anniversary ship), look away now.

If anything, the deletion of NWS is a pretty good indicator that player were farming it too efficiently. And they don’t want that when they announce a new fleet holding/tier 6 facilities. My guess is an April rollout.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

I have no problem with a NWS revamp, and I’m looking fwd to the new and improved Rom missions – the revamped and shortened Borg arc was a vast improvement. My shiny new Fed alt does need the accolade though so I’m game for a round.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

fatman592
    Fleet Member

From the Tribble patch notes:

General:
    – Resolved an issue where Bridge Officers would be missing slotted powers just after being created.
    – No Win Scenario is no longer available.
    The Cure Applied:
    Decreased IKS Kang’s HP and Damage in Advanced mode.
    Decreased mark rewards for meeting Normal optional objective from 25 to 15.
    – Changed the normal optional objective to completing the queue in 4 minutes.
    – Changes the Advanced required objective to completing the queue in 9 minutes.
    – Updated optional information contact to reflect these changes.
    Crystalline Catastrophe:
    Decreased base mark rewards on Normal from 40 to 30.
    Decreased base mark rewards on Advanced from 70 to 60.
    – Increased fail mark rewards on Advanced from 5 to 10.
    Decreased Advanced optional timer from 10.5 minutes to 5 minutes.
    Decreased maximum allowed defeated players for Normal optional from 5 to 3.
    Decreased maximum allowed defeated players for Advanced required from 5 to 3.
    Crystalline Entity:
    – There is no longer a safe inner distance on the Entity’s AOE shockwave.
    – The AOE shockwave no longer damages/destroys Crystalline Fragments large or small.
    Colony Invasion: No longer gives rewards for mandatory mission objectives.
    Fleet Alert:
    Decreased mark rewards earned from waves 1 and 2 from 10 to 5.
    Decreased mark rewards earned from wave 5 from 18 to 15.
    Bug Hunt
    – Normal rewards have been increased by 25%
    – Advanced rewards have been increased by 50%.
    – Elite rewards have been increased by 75%.

Nerf, nerf, nerf, delete content, play what we want you to play.

Just the new norm chugging along…

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

I understand the changes for Romulan Mystery were needed as Romulan Republic didn’t existed at the time they were originally created and quality standards were much lower. This way story will be better tied to the main story flow so this will be improvement. We will get VO and new content.

No Win Scenario will get revamped and my only hope is it will return to queues. If they make another 2-week grind in Mirror Invasion/Crystalline Catastrophe format that would only add to the grind level of the game.

Seems like they are decreasing rewards from CE and Cure, which are some of the most popular missions in game. So their metrics showed those are completed faster than average PvE? I had a feeling that they are looking into ways to bring some dead queues to life, like Vault Ensnared which I managed to play only once in a period of few months. And I never played Elite since it was made available. If CE and Cure were popular, maybe those missions have something that other don’t. Shouldn’t their essence be extracted, analyzed and in some way implemented to those dead queues?

Good thing is they will increase the rewards for Bug Hunt, Undine Assault, Mine Trap and one of the Nukara: Self Destruction (or is it Transdimensional Tactics?) I had no problem with starting Bug Hunt so this increase is a little surprise.

XP increase would help in making those queues alive. Imagine all the people around Argala/Gerren, trying to get into PvE queue! There is no team play in those patrols so I would prefer something else to grind XP.

fatman592
    Fleet Member

I can’t say I share your rosy outlook Damix. If it was about revitalizing dead queues, why buff the easiest elite BHE? What’s more telling is that they’re increasing the difficulty of Cure Space to the point of being a certain failure in a pug.

If it was about making all queues pop, then they would do as you, and many other suggest, add xp as a reward. No this change is a blatant attempt to corral players into DR content. Which I don’t mind, as they need to show a certain measure of success as a business.

What I do object to is the further skewing of rewards versus time. They should just normalize rewards across difficulties but provide a bonus to the content they want us to play. That seems a lot easier to me. Instead we get this…

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Yeah, you are right, it is obvious they want to increase numbers in DR content. They just started with changes in PvE queues so I’ll wait to see how will it look in the end.

Today I saw this post, Pwgroverclvlnd talking about future changes. Check it out as it can’t be find via dev tracker

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.