New website

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    palcioz
    Chief Engineer

Hi all,

While our trusty website has served us well for many years, it’s starting to get a bit rusty around the edges and in need of a replacement. I’m working on building a new website and will hopefully have something for you all to poke at in the next few weeks.

In the meantime, I’m shuffling around some of the backend infrastructure. I don’t anticipate there being any downtime until we’re ready to make the official transition, but there’s definitely the possibility that I’ll slot the phase inverters in backwards and kill power to the whole ship. So, apologies in advance if that happens, but don’t panic and I’ll fix anything that breaks as fast as I can. 🙂

Best,
    Palcioz

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

you service is sincerely appreciated. thank you.

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Thanks for your work to keeping the best possible face on the fleet! Just evidence that the 44th is the best fleet in STO!

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

No worries, we’ll just camp out in a shuttle during the transition. 😀

Thanks Palcioz, looking forward to the new site !

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

palcioz
    Chief Engineer

Hi fleet,

The beta website is now available for testing and feedback at http://tribble.44thfleet.com/.

User accounts were synced a couple of weeks ago, so new fleet members might not have their accounts set up yet. I’ll re-sync accounts shortly before going live.

Please poke around and let me know if you encounter any issues or have any other feedback. Usual tribble rules apply — any accounts or content that you create on the site may vanish at any time.

Thanks,
    Palcioz

palcioz
    Chief Engineer

Salahir noticed that you may get a password-reset email after logging in to the new site for the first time. This is because we are re-hashing passwords to a more secure version the first time that you log in to the new site. So, don’t worry about this unless it happens more than once now and once again when we switch to the production site.

Please continue to reach out to me if you have any questions or feedback.

Thanks,
    Palcioz

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I didn’t have that problem.

Novellus Caine
    Fleet Member

Now that the new site is live (looks great, btw), if you need or want help troubleshooting / adding functionality, let me know.  I’d be happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.