New Members and Fleet Credit

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck New Members and Fleet Credit

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Xargh@bdunaway67
    Fleet Member

Hi, I am a new member, currently in the delta fleet. I understand that after 2 weeks I can petition to join the main 44th fleet. In the last week I have contributed a meager amount of resources to various delta fleet projects, earning about 25k in credit. What happens to fleet credit after Xargh is transferred to the 44th, assuming you guys don’t kick me out? 🙂 I want to contribute as much as possible to fleet projects but does that mean credit is lost?

Thanks.

Lhivera
    Fleet Member

Credits are attached to your character, not to the fleet — they’re just another currency. So when your character moves from one fleet to another, the credits follow along. In other words, you have nothing to worry about on that score!

Xargh@bdunaway67
    Fleet Member

@Lhivera wrote:

Credits are attached to your character, not to the fleet — they’re just another currency. So when your character moves from one fleet to another, the credits follow along. In other words, you have nothing to worry about on that score!

Good deal, Thank you! Finding there is more I don’t know about STO than I do. 🙂

Senseikrieger
    Commodore
    Team Player

Hi Xargh,

When you move over to the Main fleet your fleet credits will move with you. They will not show up on any of the leader boards of the main fleet, but you will have them to use towards the purchase of fleet equipment in the various fleet holdings. I would suggest if you want to contribute as much as possible to stay in the delta fleet. With the exception of the upcoming new holding the main fleet is maxed out. There is a lot more chance to contribute to the delta fleet. And with the upcoming Fleet Armadas it really doesn’t matter if you are in the main fleet or the Delta Fleet. I believe we will be able to share fleet resources, but I am not 100% sure of that.

I hope I answered your question.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Sensei_Krieger (that’s why he’s the Sensei :)) is correct, we have removed the previous requirement for a minimum contribution, so whatever you earn in fleet credits are yours and will travel with you. And it is our goal to keep both 44th Main Fleet and 44th Delta fleet in the same Armada so you can contribute to main and/or Delta without having to swap fleets as is currently the case – the only thing that will remain is that you cannot use main fleet provisions to buy fleet items; you have to use the provisions of the fleet you’re in.

Right now, fleet projects are on hold untill the new Krenim fleet project goes live, so the ability to earn fleet credits is limited for a few days. After Krenim hits we will resume the usual small and large projects, however the main goal will be this Krenim temporal holding because the goodies we get from that are looking very, very juicy. 😀

This will mean that Delta Fleet facilities will remain austere for the foreseeable future; no *fun* projects like the aquarium or the uniform/ship showcase; Delta (and main and KDF) will focus on Krenim/Temporal and then the unlocking of the higher tiers of the Delta fleet starbase, mine, spire and embassy. The gimmicks are already unlocked on the main fleet and honestly they’re a waste of resources in hindsight.

We’ll get there, but in our own time 😎

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Xargh@bdunaway67
    Fleet Member

I really appreciate all the information guys. One more question. As a casual player the leader boards are not very important to me. However the amenities afforded to fleet members who have unlocked higher project tiers does. This being my first fleet, I am not sure what is gained by moving to the main fleet. Are there more purchase options, buffs, daily rewards etc in the main fleet? That kind of stuff keeps a casual like me playing. 🙂

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

the primary advantage is the purchase options. however, it is probably easier to donate to fleet projects in 44th Delta.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

there are some usefull items you can get from main fleet (extra space/ground doff slots, fleet gear, extra 500 dilithium refinement from the main fleet mine etc etc) but like Sargon said, it’s very hard to earn fleet credits in 44th main since all projects are already finished; those remaining give only a pittance. One of the reason Delta Fleet was created to have ample opportunities to earn fleet credits. Once you’re a lieutenant, we can switch you to main fleet and back to Delta (and back again :)) so you can buy the good stuff. Ask Sensei_Krieger for a tour of the main fleet (he can invite you there) to take a look at the completed fleet facilities.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.