Issues

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Thooy@NavChief.com
    Fleet Member

I was wondering if anyone else is having problems logging into or staying logged in the game? I noticed this problem starting with me about 2-3 days ago. I am currently trying a Force Verify but doubt that will find anything.

Thooy

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

No problems for the most of us, but I did notice that a number of new and returning players are having various minor issues, from freeze-ups to laggs to other annoying things. I could say the usual things that maybe there’s something in the background on your system running interference, but it almost feels like there’s a STO patch that didn’t take or something for the new guys.

Cryptic has been fixing the code to provide better (server) stability and deal with the ever-present system lag, so maybe they’ve awakened some kind of gremlin or hidden tribble in the software that’s running amok now.

Fingers crossed it gets solved soon.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Thooy@NavChief.com
    Fleet Member

Thanks for the reply, I hope it gets fixed soon too. This is so frustrating. Still trying things on my end though just to be sure.

Thooy@NavChief.com
    Fleet Member

Update:

Found the issue at least for me. i am using Xfinity/Comcast but if I use my cell phone no isues. So there is something in the path for Comcast’s servers that is causing a problem.

Thooy

Wayfarier
    Fleet Member

I started having major issues today. freezes and just plain crashes. So I uninstalled the game and I am current reinstalling it. Hopefully I will be back in game in about 10 more minutes and it will work.

Nothing changed from yesterday and today, but today was just unplayable.

I will let you all know here it that did not solve the issue.

Wayfarier
    Fleet Member

Wow just saw the note about comcast. I have that also. Maybe i need to try the phone also, but man the data usage….

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

things have been working really good for me lately….maybe a little lag on rare occasion

Thooy@NavChief.com
    Fleet Member

I just tried playing from the phone as a test. I should be getting a call back on Monday to schedule an appointment to switch isp’s

Wayfarier
    Fleet Member

Well I actually loaded the game on a new puter and tried again. It worked better but kept crashing.

What I found out is one of the cold case ground fights, the one where you are rescuing prisoners is broken for me. Once I decided to skip it and move on I had no issues at all. Sent a bug into Arc for that.

So I started the Delta quadrant quest line and got the first episode done with no issues at all.

I actually did some of the deep space encounters also, with whom ever happen to be there, that was a blast. Looking forward to some fleet action. Still have a rainbow effect, but trying to get all one type of beams for the ship.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

You should be able to craft your own weapons, though I think you’re already a few levels too high to take proper advantage of it. You should’ve received an R&D starter pack which gave you a bunch of R&D hologram duty officers; these can be used to craft your own weapons, shields and what not. Starting at Mk II, once you crafted ones you like, you can upgrade them all the way to mk XIV – at a cost. It’s cheaper to buy them on the exchange or better yet just replaying certain episodes to get certain beams.

The Delta Arc has a lot of anti-proton (beam) weapons, so if you replay those you can arm your ship at no cost at all (except for the time invested).

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Cryptic news: Due to issues with our ISP over the weekend, we’ve decided to extend the Crystalline Entity Event until September 7.

Rainya
    Fleet Member

I was having major lag last weekend. I also have Comcast. However, uninstalling and reinstalling fixed everything. *shrug*

Xargh@bdunaway67
    Fleet Member

Late reply to the OP’s problem but I was having a similar issue about 2 months ago. Game would stutter, then log me out. I also encounter random crashes. Deleting my install, then reinstalling from steam, fixed the random crash problem. I also discovered that an outside line issue was causing network latency, a call to AT&T fixed that. No problems since. STO is a log monster under even ideal circumstances though.

Wayfarier
    Fleet Member

Hi All,

I got in earlier today, but now, nothing after 3 or 4 tries. I actually had time to play tonight also. LOL Just the way the world works.

I no longer have the notice on the launcher about STO being under attack, but I can not get in. ”Hope to see you all later tonight or Thursday. tomorrow is no chance due to flights.

Lhivera
    Fleet Member

There’s another DDOS going on. They tend to get the word out fastest via Twitter (follow @trekonlinegame).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.