Issue logging in

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Engineering Issue logging in

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Novellus Caine
    Fleet Member

For some reason, I was unable to log into the site this morning.  It was telling me my password was incorrect though I know for a fact it was not.  I also went through the change password dialog and tried logging in with the new password and it still said bad password.  No caps lock or anything.  It started working out of the blue around 5:30 pm Pacific time.  Small chance it was user error, but I wanted to bring it up.

As a side note to that, I noticed there is no way to contact anybody for support / help with the site if you can’t log in.  If I may suggest possibly getting a free email account that is used only for requests for assistance (and probably a lot of spam.)  Just a thought.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

You logged in now with a changed pw or the old one ?

You can always reach any of the staff via STO’s in-game mail, and that will get the ball rolling. If you (still) have problems logging in let us know.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

palcioz
    Chief Engineer

Yeah, the backup support channel is basically “send in-game fleet email to me (or another officer who should route it to me)”. If something requires back-and-forth communication, I can contact you directly using your website account’s email address.

I do see a bunch of failed logins from your account earlier today, but there’s nothing in the server logs to indicate that there was a problem with the website. Let me know if it happens again and maybe there will be more useful information available.

Paradoxical
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Also think about using discord. I’m on discord and the forums pretty much all day.

Novellus Caine
    Fleet Member

You logged in now with a changed pw or the old one ? New one.

You can always reach any of the staff via STO’s in-game mail, and that will get the ball rolling. If you (still) have problems logging in let us know.  Fair enough.  Logged in to the game and asked in fleet chat if anybody else had been having an issue, but wasn’t sure who to contact.

I do see a bunch of failed logins from your account earlier today, but there’s nothing in the server logs to indicate that there was a problem with the website.  Must have been user error then.  Thanks for checking!

Also think about using discord.  I was at work at the time I experienced the issue, so unfortunately couldn’t jump into discord.  Usually check the forums to break up the monotony of the day.  Don’t tell my boss.

Thanks for the replies!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Novellus Caine. Reason: Formatting
    palcioz
    Chief Engineer

Thanks for raising the issue! I pinned a topic in this forum instructing people to contact me in-game if they have issues with the website. I’m glad that you pointed out that this support route is non-obvious and should be better documented.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.