Iconian Foundry Missions

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Iconian Foundry Missions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sovereign001
    Fleet Member

Hello 44th Fleeters,

We all played or are playing the Iconian missions and most of us (I think) like it but it all feels too rushed.. There is no connection with the losses that we have or the terrors that are happening around us.

Questions unanswered like, the millions of Herald ships, why aren’t they unleashed on Earth or somewhere else.. We always hear that the Iconians destroyed 2/3 of the fleet, that we NEED to use the Krenim weapon because else we need to build up so long etc.. Still we think like mmh aren’t they overacting ?

All of this is actually happening because we never saw or did anything dramatic in the few episodes.. In Delta Flight we already destroyed something under command of Paris. We only saw New Romulus been ambushed and Qu’onos but that’s it.. And then suddenly with Nog we find the Krenim and everything is being pushed in an even higher level. (with the loss of a huge combined fleet) and all of us are probably thinking like “uh ok.. it seems we are in problems? mmh but we just had a great holiday on Risa while the Klingons were slashed ?”

Now..

I’ve been thinking a lot in my free time about this (when driving or flying between countries, to customers etc, I have lots of free time when I’m in that situation :p ).

Why don’t I make a foundry mission ? (I made a few missions based on the Fallen game and the dS9 Millennium Trilogy books and it was fun and imo easy.)

I was thinking of making missions after the New Romulus ambush.. Because that’s where in my opinion everything is actually falling apart.

I would make the following missions:

Mission 1:
    Distress calls are popping in on every channel.. Worlds like Cardassia Prime, Andoria, Rigel, Betazed are getting swarmed by the Herald ships. You need to choose which world you got to save because you are one ship and you can only be at one place to help them..
    This would already push you in a spot where you notice that you can’t be everywhere and you cannot save everyone.. So you go to the planet you want to save and when you arrive, it should be like in Broken Circle, a massive battle in the background and everywhere debris.
    You encounter a big fleet that is also in combat with Cardassian ships (we are saving Cardassia Prime). The thing is, you cannot win this (in all the missions we do, we can destroy herald ships like its ok but we always hear that they can overmaster or win against all ships..) You get a few points where you need to fly to ‘run away’ from battle and go to Cardassia to start saving as much people as you can.

WHen you arrive there, you transport to the planet. (A big federation fleet warps in and attacks the heralds) your ship joins so they are occupied.

When you are on the planet, it needs to be a massacre.. The streets are in shambles, explosions everywhere, fire everywhere, bodies piled up and the streets should be swarming with herald troops. The thing is, you try to go a some certain points in the city and try to save them but in the end you get the save only a handful because there are too many herald forces. So in the end you save only a few hundred (don’t worry, you don’t need to save that much, thx to transporter beacons, you can save many).

In the end you get a message of your ship, hearing that the Federation Fleet and your ship is getting decimated and wants to retreat with the remaing Cardassian fleet to a rendez vous point. When you beam up, you see indeed a massive herald fleet and wreckage and not the typical 3 ship pattern in 4 waves in front of you. You warp immediately away and go to the rendez vous point where you should see the remaining cardassian and fed fleet (the one of CP). You hear that this happening everywhere. And that you need to go other planets and try to save them (which is actually the same situation as above)

Mission 1 ends here

Mission 2: could be placed after Delta Flight

You warp in sol system where you see ESD and a massive (I mean big) fleet, consisting out of cardassians, Vulcan, andorian, Klingon, romulan,…ships. It’s clear that all of these worlds are fallen and are going to the last place where they can be save.. Earth (lol I wanted to write Babylon 5).

You dock and when you come at the transporter pad you see bodies everywhere and doctors trying to help. There are some computer panels on the ESD, and you need to walk to the panel where you see a large number of officers, cadets standing. When you are arrive you see a newsflash where another combined federation fleet led by the Enterprise F and the Defiant is trying to save a key planet. People cheering like “oh yeah the Enterprise ! The Defiant would make short work of them ! ” Comm chatter in the same style of First contact (the borg vs the fleet) that the battle isn’t going well. Where it actually ends pretty bad even.. Sinking even the officers deeper.. You try to cheer them up but you know it’s only for a short while..

Going to the admiral’s office where you see the man exhausted. Reports flooding in that world after world is massacred and fleets with civilians, starships are coming to earth for aid. Now you can actually feel the emotions more, after mission 1 you just played and the esd full with wounded an deceased people.

Quinn will inform you of the Enterprise F and it’s mission and hoping that it can do something to give the people a moral boost because they need it. He explains that we need to go the Delta Quadrant to gather races together to fight the Iconians. So your mission is to go the Benthans, Hazari, Malon, Kobali, Voth, Kazon, Hierarchy and The Borg and ask them to join you to fight against the Borg.

After you leave ESD, a federation fleet warps in led by the Enterprise. Of the big fleet only 12 ships remain. (So there goes everyone’s moral). You talk with the Commander of the Enterprise (SHon is in sickbay) and she tells you what a slaughter it was and about decoded transmissions (secret)

After this .. You fly towards the dyson sphere to jump to the Delta Quadrant where you can choose your start. The thing is, you won’t be able to pick everyone..

When you arrive at the homes of these races, you will notice that with certain races, there is nothing anymore.. Only debris. Meaning that the Iconians are using their billions of ships over the entire delta quadrant, alpha, beta quadrant (gamma dunno). I don’t want to spoil anything of course..

After this conclusion, you fly back to the ESD where other ships are arriving together with you.. New wounded, new victims, … Of course, it’s not flying to a planet and that’s it, you land on planets and investigate)

Mission 3: after time in a bottle

Well something needs to be placed here because in the next mission we launch one of the biggest fleet that we can muster against the sphere to kill M’tara. Still need to figure out what we can do..

I’m gonna start on Mission 1 tonight.

If you guys have ideas for mission 3 please let me know..

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Mission 3 – You respond to a distress call which turned out to be the starting point of an Iconian invasion into Sol space, you are the only ship in the quadrant, and there is no chance in high heaven you can stop it so you use the ultimate, end-game super-weapon; you use a giant lensflare to blind the Iconians and reboot the universe, JJ-style… 😀

Seriously, your ideas sound great, and perhaps the rest of the fleet can come up with a good (RP?) story to help with mission 3, but mission 1-2 will be quite enough to get going.

Make it so captain !

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Sovereign001
    Fleet Member

Thanks Marcase.

I took a look last night with my girlfriend (lol she is playing STO too and I put her in our fleet)to the foundry again. I’m amazed how “retarded” and simple it still is. I’m wondering they bother to do some decent changes or additions.

I replayed my old Fallen mission and noticed that in that day, the controls were better to do. (I even have problems putting decent dialogs in it now). I think Cryptic is limiting us in making some decent missions.. I made the first map for ESD and I put the max of ships around the station and it was max 26 or 30.. I mean come on? Limited damage/debris..

Anyone found out how you can have ships battling each other and that stay in godmode ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.