I made this for my mother.

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge The Oasis Recreation I made this for my mother.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tama
    Fleet Member

She’s not doing well. She already had a greatly compromised immune system from her first time back in ’06. She had non-Hodgkins lymphoma back then. She has triple negative breast cancer. She is in the middle of several rounds of chemo to make them small enough to remove surgically. It’s taken her hair, and made her very sick. When she was little, she used to sing, “You Are My Sunshine” to me. The marks are a Celtic healing knot and a spiral sun, both symbols of healing and life. We come from Irish and Native American heritage. I didn’t have the tools I needed to make a proper inlay carve for the silver, but I can redo the work another time in just a day when I have the tools. It’s solid gold, and it’s my very first full piece of metal work, from melting down the gold to the final polish. My roommate has become like a brother to me, and he was very kind to have taught me and let me use his tools so I could do this for mom. I’ll be recording her reaction from the moment I walk into the room. I’m also shaving my head in a bit, so we match, despite my own accelerating skin condition (I still haven’t found out what it is). This may be the last Mother’s Day I get with her. I had the opportunity to go all out, and I took it.

Happy Mother’s Day to the moms of all you good people.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Tama.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Tama.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

aka @Tamakai

Paradoxical
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

It looks good! I wish your mother a speedy recovery and a Happy Mother’s Day. I have seen my own Grandmother go through Chemo and I know the complications it causes. Stand strong Tama, she needs you to be strong where she can’t.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Nicely done, I’m sure the work and personal touch will be greatly appreciated.

I hope your mother feels better soon. Unfortunately I have to cope with a similar situation in my immediate family myself so I too can sympathize. It’s one of those things you hear about but never really expect to affect you, untill it does hit you square in the face and then some.

I hope you had a great day.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

jtuyajr
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Looks great! Well done.  I will pray for your mother, and if we can help at all please let us know.

aka Stompar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.