Helpful guides?

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Helpful guides?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kbh1975
    Fleet Member

I hit level 51 earlier this evening and it occurred to me that I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing. Are there any guides out there that would help with ship/character building? I’m a tactical officer and I usually play solo so I’m looking for a build that will allow me to mix firepower and survivability. I’m not much of a “min/max” player as after all this is a game and the main goal is to have fun. Any help you all can give me would be greatly appreciated.

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

This will probably get you started: http://startrek.44thfleet.com/forum/index.php?f=5&t=2132&rb_v=viewtopic
    There are lots of threads around here with build advice, etc. If you have a ship in mind that does not have a build handy feel free to ask for a specific build with whatever parameters are appropriate, such as lower cost or starter but still effective builds. There are also threads for farming dil, the main game currency.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

There is a Huuuge post on the mechanics of STO here (we’re updating it behind the scenes right now) which dives deep into the nitty gritty – min-max stuff.

But as you said, you’re like most of us and just here for the fun. (“one of us, one of us…”).

To repeat what Codewarrior just mentioned (“great minds” and all that);
    For a more conchise overview, pointers and guides go here and read what Blackout wrote – he’s our Top Dog, our Yoda, our “Q”, regarding builds. 😀

The basic rules for STO Ship builds (ground for another time) is this;

Don’t cross the beams – stick with one weapon type.
    Load up on Tac consoles – they stack, more is better
    Best Shield type are Resilient – 5% absorbtion is yummy.
    Beams are the current meta – Beams have so many boosts and hidden advantages they outclass cannons.
    For high DPS builds avoid Torpedoes – Beams and cannons outgun Torpedoes, period (too slow basically).

Best Bridge Officers abilities
    Tactical Boffs – use Tactical Team (dmg/shield boost), Beam Fire at Will, Attack Pattern Beta/Omega
    Engineer Boffs – Emergency Power to Weapon/Shields – use 2x copies 24/7 so they sync/boost overall power, Engineer Team (hull heal)
    Science Boffs – Hazard Emitters (cleanse), Science Team (shields), Grav Well

Power levels;
    Keep your weapon/shield power levels at 125 (see EPTW/EPTS) and engine at +55 as that improves turn.

Keybinds – improve your overall gameplay by installing a (space) keybind. Bit of a read but once installed it will serve you for as long as you play the game, worth it.

Most of all, keep asking questions. There’s a lot of experience in the fleet and we’re happy to share it.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Ander
    Fleet Member
    CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

A few guides there hehe, yeap!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.