Greetings from The Disciples and House of Morn

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Embassies Greetings from The Disciples and House of Morn

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    deeplogic

Hello Armada,

I intended to leave a greeting shortly after our fleets, The Disciples of Morn [UFP] and The House of Morn [KDF], joined the Armadas, but I’m hopeful that a belated greeting won’t be frowned upon too heavily!

Our fleets began operation within several weeks of each other in the summer of 2013. The other founder and I had been managing fleets for others for some time, and were ready to strike out on our own. We launched our site, created the initial fleets and began inviting members. We decided to maintain our fleet at maximum capacity, or as close to it as possible, and to perform quarterly inactivity sweeps to ensure we have an active roster. This model has served us well and we’ve seen the number of inactive members steadily decrease over time, leaving us with some long-term, dedicated, players at our core.

While I don’t want to drone on about our fleet’s philosophy, I think this highlights one of the benefits the Armada offers. For those of us in upper management, we have an opportunity to discuss techniques and strategies with others in the same position. As I stated earlier, our fleet structure today is nearly identical to what it was on day one, but there have been new event introductions, changes to bank structures and new ideas for fleet engagement that usually came from a member who had dabbled in fleet management before. I think this is something we can all offer one another.

Of course, with this new Armada system, the benefits are numbered, but, of the one or two left, this one really leaps out at me: the ability for our fleets to contribute to one another’s projects.

Last year, our fleets were each having contribution problems that just screamed to be called out. Our Federation fleet seemed to be severely low on fleet marks, and projects just sat and sat. Our Klingon fleet was low on dilithium. Projects sat and sat. The Federation side would fill a dilithium requirement almost immediately, as the Klingon fleet would likewise fill its fleet mark requirement immediately. I suggested to both fleets that they utilize their skills to assist the other. If Klingons that were great at earning fleet marks could just make their way to the Federation side to do the same for that fleet, and the Federation members could do the same, our problems could be solved. Within a few weeks, we were straightened out thanks to the mutual teamwork.

This is what makes me really excited about the Armada’s contribution system. We now all have the ability to work together to make our fleets better. While our fleets are now travelling the road from Tier IV to Tier V, I know that many fleets in our Armada are just beginning their journey. I think getting the ball rolling is simple. If there are any fleets out there that are in a situation like the one I described above, please post a reply! I will let our fleets know to move contributions to your fleet in that direction.

Thank you all for your ear and long live the 44th!

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Hello again Aaron,

Thanks for stopping by again, and as by now the 44th and House of Morn have run a few missions together already it confirms that you lot seem a good group to hang around with. As you’ll probably see in your leaderboards we have contributed to a few of your projects as well, and I’m sure both our fleets will benefit even further in the future.

We hope to organize some more inter-fleet events soon and so far the armada have proven to be beneficial for all member-fleets. Looking forward to expand on that.

Cheers,
    Marcase

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Qap’la !

Just pm’d you here since your in-game mailbox is full 🙂

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.