Greetings Everyone, New Guy question.

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Greetings Everyone, New Guy question.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Orion
    Fleet Member

First off, I’m actually quite stoked to joining the 44th! I’ve compared various Fleets and the 44th kept coming to mind. Also I’m a huge old school Original Series fan so K13 is a must for me where I intend to make my home in the 44th. So while on probation here for promotion which I believe I read was only a matter of time, that gives me  the goal of collecting Fleet Creds.

Ok, I’m relatively new to STO, although I did purchase the game back in either 09 or 10, can’t recall and real life got in the way prohibiting me from play for soem years, well till now to be exact. I’ve forgotten everything plus the game appears to be a new game comparatively speaking from the former. The Fleet I just left after a week, to put it politely was, non-responsive, as in no feed back, or replies of any kind. My guess they were in a differing time zone and never on when I was, exception being the initial invite. All that aside, my question is basic. . .

How does one go about earning (as fast as possible) Fleet Credits?

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Hi Orion,

The easiest way is donating to fleet projects; ec, dilithium, common Duty Officers (which you can get for free, see link below) etc. And there are a lot of ways to earn fleet marks, which you donate to fleet projects and which in turn give you fleet credits to buy the shiny fleet stuff :).

Before I get to that make sure you pick up the free Duty Officers at the Academy/fleet starbase; that’s free stuff and when donated to (K13) fleet projects free Fleet Credits, win-win. Find the Personnel NPC and collect the Tac/Eng/Sci/Cvl ones (ignore the 1,000 dili and the rest), and the Vulcan/Tellarite/Andorian who give a few extra. They have a 48 hour cooldown but they’re free.

Easiest and quickest way for regular daily FMs are the Borg/Tholian space Red Alerts; 15 Marks with a 1x daily bonus of +50 (so if you do both Borg & Tholian = 15+15+50). Naturally, many PVE missions give you a choice of marks which include fleet marks – Crystalline Catastrophe Advanced is popular because it’s really fast. Check the mission tab and it usually says choice of marks.

Another quick and easy way are the Fleet Operations dailies; our Fleet Starbase, Fleet Embassy and K13 have an Operations/Officer of the Watch NPC that offer a simple daily mission which will earn you 20 marks – the missions range from ‘find padd’, ‘check contact’, etc. You can easily warp to the three bases via the transporter padd so you don’t have to travel all over the quadrant. That’s 3x 20 Fleet marks without firing a shot in less than 10 minutes.

The most lucrative way to earn fleet marks is doing all the Defera Invasion Zone Ground (Hard) missions; Probe, Temple, Power Plant and (buggy) City are a virtual gold mine for 240 Fleet Marks, 40 Omega Marks, 4x Borg Nanoprobes and a boatload of dilithium which can be done with Mk XII gear fairly easy. Don’t bother with the Easy/Medium missions as they are bugged and won’t complete.

Drawback of Defera – you need a team of at least three. Thankfully, there are usually some fellow 44th captains up for a fun run or two. Ask around in 44th-diplo or contact me when I’m online and I’ll join you. A single tricked-out Engineer can slice through these missions like a hot Batleth through tulaberries.

Basically any mission will reward FMs for Fleet Credits now, so it’s usually not a problem to get a decent amount. What is tough is finding open Fleet projects that have available projects to donate – as you can imagine everyone wants to donate their marks so it’s first come, first served.

Also see this guide for dilithium/various marks – http://tribble.44thfleet.com/forums/topic/dilithium-or-the-8500-grind/

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Credit

Hope this gives you a good start.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Edit: Ok, I started writing without refreshing the page so Marcase was faster and probably covered most of what I wanted to say. ^^

Welcome to the fleet, even though we are in the time of content drought, there is someone online or at lest lurking in the forums.

Donating Fleet Marks gives you largest amount of fleet credits, along with dilithium probably, but dilithium spending needs to be planned carefully while fleet marks don’t have any other purpose so it is mucho easier to let it go. I usually play quick run of [Hard] Defera ground battlezone as you get 240 fleet (4 areas x 60), which translates to 12.000 fleet credits (I think).

Other way I would recommend is exchanging excess commendation points from doing duty officer assignments. If you have at least 110k CXP, you can exchange 10k for 75/100 fleet marks.

Fleet marks are also option from various choice of marks boxes, gained from turning in eppohs during the winter event or playing any pve content, which you already know.

Status of fleet marks as main target when project is opened means it will fill in quickly in most cases so hopefully members will not take all for themselves. But there is always possibility of opening an additional project so ask in chat.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Damix. Reason: Marcase and his long posts :D
    Orion
    Fleet Member

Much apreciate the rapid response fellas, thank you both!

– Orion

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.