Foundry being shut down

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Foundry being shut down

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player
    SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Yeah just saw it on Twitter, I have only done a few of them but have enjoyed them all, I am very disappointed, but I am still new so I hope their reasons are real/good.

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

Anukis
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Bah.

There have been some good foundry missions over the years (and a few really awful ones but hey). I could be wrong but I get the sense that they’re not keen on players using the foundry to complete endeavours quickly while avoiding ‘content.’

Bah.

aka @Nubia

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Well I get a badge for the few foundry games I played. My gaming life is made —— NOT!

LoL

Still disappointed.

Harley
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Completing Endeavors quickly is what I used it for.  Some of us have other things we need to do than play a computer game for hours everyday.

Reading between the lines I think they’ve lost the developer who kept it going and they probably don’t have the resources to continue.

Now how am I supposed to do the kill 60 terran or tzenkethi ground troops when it comes up?

aka @SolarEagle

Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Bah. There have been some good foundry missions over the years (and a few really awful ones but hey). I could be wrong but I get the sense that they’re not keen on players using the foundry to complete endeavours quickly while avoiding ‘content.’ Bah.

QFT, I have not played many foundry missions  but it has been a god send for completing accolades and especially the endeavour system, did they not think people would create foundry missions to complete the endeavours, if they did not want people to use foundry for endeavours they should have made them not count.

Helpful people have gone to great lengths to create foundry missions to help others do the endeavours and their reward is a kick in the teeth and a badge to go on their toons uniform, woop woop.

If they completely remove the system and all the missions I suspect it will drive people away and that not going to be good

G’Luv
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I agree, they didn’t want players bypassing endeavors with foundry missions.

I am pretty disappointed as having done all the missions a bunch of times and running out of interesting things to, I was just beginning to focus on doing foundry content for a while.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by G’Luv.
    Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Completing Endeavors quickly is what I used it for. Some of us have other things we need to do than play a computer game for hours everyday. Reading between the lines I think they’ve lost the developer who kept it going and they probably don’t have the resources to continue.

Think your right.

Now how am I supposed to do the kill 60 terran or tzenkethi ground troops when it comes up 

you can replay episode missions you don’t want to play over and over lol

Inferno
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Coming soon – ‘Complete Personal Endeavor Token 10 Pack on sale for only 500 Zen!’

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Helpful people have gone to great lengths to create foundry missions to help others do the endeavors and their reward is a kick in the teeth and a badge to go on their toons uniform, woop, woop. If they completely remove the system and all the missions I suspect it will drive people away and that not going to be good

Well I have to agree it will drive some away (not me, sorry you guys and gals are stuck with me 🙂  ), I myself never really used for doing endeavors, I just used to break up the STO missions which (for me) can be a little tedious.

Bazz
    Fleet Member

Yep, the Eneavours are going to be a complete pain in the arse to do daily now.

Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Yep, the Eneavours are going to be a complete pain in the arse to do daily now.

Especially the ground ones, they need to introduce a ground battle ground for each species like the dyson sphere has for Voth, I mean where do you kill 60 undine on the ground otherwise, having to keep replaying episode mission over and over, what happens if people not go to those episodes yet, are they going to be prevented from completing the endeavours?

Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Coming soon – ‘Complete Personal Endeavor Token 10 Pack on sale for only 500 Zen!’

OMG Don’t give them ideas , delete delete lmao 😛

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Sad to hear this is happening – foundry was really helpful with the endeavor tasks, and the few spotlighted episodes I played were really good – going to try those that I missed before the system is gone. It would be cool if they decide to incorporate the spotlighted missions into the sto canon + devs would do their magic with their advanced tools so quality would be even higher.
    When Maria Rosseau/ZeroniusRex left the dev team last year, there was no one left to update the foundry with new items.

Bazz
    Fleet Member

I was actually considering getting to grips with it.  Had in mind a story about a Catian and her search for the Holy Plant (Catnip) but beset by all sorts of obstacles (Dogians). Now, it’ll never see the light of day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.