Fleet Stores and Provisions

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Fleet Stores and Provisions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Civayic
    Fleet Member

Okay, I didn’t see any posts about this topic in the forums, so I apologize if it’s an old or already dealt with topic.

Recently, I had administration attempt to help me purchase fleet supplies from the 44th when I am currently in 44th Epsilon by inviting me to their Tier V Colony World. I discovered that I could not purchase anything and could get no clear answer as to why.

Turns out, with a little digging and internet surfing, I found the reason for my particular case. I had plenty of Dilithium and plenty of Fleet Credits, but kept getting the error message ‘Fleet Stores Need Reprovisioning’. The 44th has plenty of provisions…but Epsilon does not.

When purchasing any fleet product, the fleet needs provisions to cover the purchase. The fleet you are currently in needs those provisions. Regardless of where you make fleet purchases, from any fleet or map, the provisions for what you are purchasing are taken out of your own fleetArmadas (Armada’s, Armadi?) do not transfer provisions between fleets, either.

So, to sum up, members of Epsilon cannot purchase anything from the fleet on any map from any other fleet until Epsilon itself builds up fleet provisions. I thank those that took the time and went out of their way to assist me with this issue. Again, I apologize if this issue was already covered, but there were Fleet Admirals trying to help me out that didn’t know why I couldn’t make purchases. Hope this helps others…(hopefully I’m not the only one, but, then, I’m used to being unique…)

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

I haven’t been home and in-game last few days so was unable to help, however this is a known thing that should have been able to get fixed easily. But it is a good time to revisit this.

ADHD version:

ANY 44th member Lieutenant rank and up CAN and is AUTHORIZED to buy FLEET SHIPS and other fleet items. It just takes a little doing.

Long form:

First of, you are totally correct. Because we have so many fleet members – with new ones signing up every week – our numbers are crossing the 500-characters per fleet almost every year. And that includes regular ‘clean sweeps’ of inactives to make room (we try to limit fleets to 475-members).
    So we had no choice to create extra fleets just to get everyone a seat at the table, as it were.
    STO’s fleet mechanic dictates that as long as you’re not in the same fleet, you are technically in a ‘foreign’ fleet, even if you are affiliated/allied in the same armada. So instead of 44th Epsilon we could rename it the “Bunnyhoppers R We Fleet” and it wouldn’t make a difference administratively.

The 44th Fleet (aka “Main”) and 44th Assault Squadron (KDF) have not just maxed out fleet holdings, but are also provisioned to the brim with… provisions. It takes a LONG time to complete a fleet’s colony/spire/mine etc to its end-tier, so after the main fleets were maxed, the ‘reserve’ fleets (Delta, Gamma, Epsilon) are in no rush to complete, because its really a waste of resources.

We keep opening fleet-projects for you guys so YOU can earn fleet credits to buy shiny fleet items, the fact that it raises fleet Tiers is now just a nice extra.

Now to your point, the whole idea is that every fleet member from fleet-rank Lieutenant and up can buy fleet items: be it fleet ships, fleet weapons, fleet consoles etc etc. And that without some huge donation or other ridiculous requirement as in other guilds/fleets; you only have to be a in the 44th for a few weeks.

To get fleet store access for those fleet ships, a new Federation Lieutenant or Commander needs to be physically moved from the ‘reserve’ fleets to main – you need to leave your current reserve fleet, get reinvited to the 44th fleet, promoted, buy stuff, then leaving 44th fleet, get reinvited back to 44th Delta/Gamma/Epsilon and ranked back.
    This is why we try to stay at 475-members so the extra 25 spots can be used for swapping/temporary invites.
    (Obviously KDF’s don’t have this problem).

As you can see, it’s a hassle, but not overtly complicated. Promotions are handled by fleet admin staff and certain captain ranks, so there needs to be one online. Luckily, the 44th Admiralty is usually well represented across all timezones, but there are gaps.

44th Delta and Gamma are slowly building up their own provisions, so you can buy certain low-tier fleet items there already. 44th Epsilon is still new and just starting, so the cupboard is totally empty there. That means that as long your character is still a member of Epsilon, you still can’t buy anything when you are map-invited to 44th Main/Delta/Gamma – you need to be an actual member of 44th Main.

What you CAN do is access the 44th Fleet’s stores and NPCs and trigger certain DOFF missions (claim your 1,200 daily dilithium in the Research Lab, refine an extra 500 ore in the Mine, buy improved traits in K13 etc etc). Some of these are already unlocked in Delta/Gamma, and we expect that Epsilon will follow soon, as we plan Epsilon’s fleet projects to that end (there is a plan in all the madness. Somewhere).

Hope this shines some light on the issue which can be confusing and feel unfair, which it is not. We are just bound by the game/fleet mechanics Cryptic gives us.

Any questions, always ask!

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Addendum: reading the above, what’s the point of the Armada of allied fleets?

Short version; you as a player get extra xp and dilithium bonuses and discounts when your fleet is a member of an Armada, how high that bonus/discount is depends on the position of your fleet within the armada.

Plus you can cross-donate to fellow armada-fleets so you can earn fleet credits when your own fleet’s are completed/locked out.

That’s pretty much it. The Armada system has never really reached its maxed potential, but it is convenient for Mega fleets like the 44th so we can keep our seperate fleets together in a single organization.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.