First Lvl 60 Character

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck First Lvl 60 Character

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rainya
    Fleet Member

Well, I pretty much surprised myself with this one. I started playing this game in the beta. I have had a lifetime ‘subscription’ since it was an option. Yet I have never had a max level character until now. A part of this may have been due to extended periods of time where I wasn’t playing, or couldn’t play, but I always had Rainya, the Liberated Human Borg Federation Captain, as my Main.

I joined the 44th after my first long hiatus from the game, and really felt at home for a short while, until my life went upside down. Now back semi regularly after nearly a year, I have been enjoying a lot of the new content available. I always thought Rainya would be my first (if not only max level character).

KDF side was always a little stale, content wise, when I played. However, I decided to give it another try recently. I got a new character up to the mid 50’s pretty quickly. I still felt like something was lacking. I then tried a Romulan character and instantly fell in love. The story, and their style just spoke to me. However, I decided to see how things went if I went for the KDF faction with my Romulan. Now here I am, my first lvl 60 a Romulan KDF character. I did not expect that it would either be a Romulan, or a part of the KDF faction. Part of me is kicking myself for not going Federation side, I mean the 44th seems to mainly be Federation side… but I’m happy.

I’m not sure why I posted all this, or my point really, outside of lagging like crazy right now in game. Maybe on the off chance someone had comments to share on their journey to lvl 60?

Cheers,
    Talia – Fleet Admiral

defcon1776
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Gratz on 60 Captain! 😉

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

It’s the pre-season mini-dip; arguable the majority of Roms in our Fleet(s) are KDF aligned, just for the (cheaper) goodies – KDF will rise again *insert booming evil laugh* 😎

Remember that we share a common diplo-chat so the line between Fed and KDF is really fuzzy, and only noticeable when joining queues (private queues can often mix). Heck I swap sides faster than you can say “ie’yyak-hnah !” http://tshala.tripod.com/rom-dict.html

Long story short, Grats Captain ! 😀

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Rainya
    Fleet Member

Thanks Marcase,

Makes me feel better about choosing KDF with my Rom.

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I have 3 fed and 3 kdf, 1 each romulan. Grats on 60! Getting contraband is way easier kdf side, easy 2k turn-in every day (or more) or sell for EC. Some other things are cheaper/easier to obtain while other are harder. Its just variety. I don’t care much for the same actions with no regard to faction, sure saving the Iconians (to save ourselves) was the right thing to do for a federation officer, but why would a KDF do that? Hey whatever, its some level of variety anyway right?

Rainya
    Fleet Member

@CodeWarrior316 wrote:

…don’t care much for the same actions with no regard to faction, sure saving the Iconians (to save ourselves) was the right thing to do for a federation officer, but why would a KDF do that? Hey whatever, its some level of variety anyway right?

I can understand that. Sometimes it works better than other times. It also depends on the character that the player envisions in their own head.

It’s weird playing a Romulan, and having the only option to speak in Klingon or say something super Klingon-ish. It didn’t break the immersion too much for me. It gave me a little pause, but then I just continued through the story.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Being a devious Romulan, my KDF Romulan sees the KDF just as another target for infiltration. Playing both the KDF and Fed side against eachother to advance the goals of the new Romulan Republic is what it’s all about 😎

You can take a Romulan out of the Tal Shiar, but not the Tal Shiar out of the Rommie.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Kamxam
    Fleet Member

Gratz on 60!
    Haven’t been able to be on too much lately due to work, personal and other stuff, but i try to get on when i can. (Just hard to with everything going on atm)
    😛

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.