ESD, secret access to Hangar Deck ?

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck ESD, secret access to Hangar Deck ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Greetings captains,

In a recent podcast, STO Lead Designer Al “Captain Geko” Riviera hinted there were ‘several’ Easter Eggs (secret joke/item/level) on new ESD, one of which was a secret access to the ESD’s Hangar Bay which would have a clue to Expansion Two (possible enemy?).

I haven’t found it yet.

But someone else has:

As you can see, some yahoo made it there and flashed his party popper in public on top of that Yellowstone. He ran all over the deck, all the way to the back wall it seems, which make this a huge map (start off point for future shuttle missions?).
    I couldn’t select him so couldn’t pm him or ask in zone, and he wouldn’t have told me either way most probably.

I’m not so much interested into the Hangar Deck / Bay itself, but more at the little secret hints apparently hidden on ESD itself. So if any of you fine captains happen to stumble upon some, let us know 😀

Link to podcast: http://www.gandtshow.com/?feed=podcast2

P.S. after finishing the latest Feat. Episode we more than likely already know who the baddies in Expansion Two will be, but you never know what other info is hidden on the Big Floating Mushroom.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Marcase!!! There is a glitch that can be used to get to shuttlebay, found it on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c6S_-cnBJY

I didn’t had any luck finding hints about expansion 2 there.

defcon1776
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Top of the world ma!

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

hehe nice 😀

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

srwafu
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

So I watched the video, and it was a lot easier to get to the hanger deck than getting outside of the old ESD;

(which wasn’t as much fun as I kept falling into hidden traps and getting stuck half in/out of walls);

The shuttlebay on new ESD is much easier, and it is a quite a big map, though a little repetative.

So I went up the long support beam from the exit that oddly has no forcefield and got a nice feeling of vertigo;

But then I noticed, I was RIGHT ON TOP OF A SHIP! OMG what if I could jump off and then go run around the hull of a starship!

However, the DEVs seem to have pre-empted my idea and decided not to give any substance to the ships in spacedock, so I fell right through it – and just kept falling….

Kept falling so far that ESD dissapeared alltogether and I was just left falling through space;

But I eventually hit ‘ground’ and respawned back at the transporter 😉

defcon1776
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

^Nice collection of screencaps ❗

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.